Christmas in July!

Bull

Gold Member
I finally feel complete.:)

391355_4133874862614_1439140497_n.jpg

Throw some light on the subject please......I wanna oggle!!

I'm guessing a BB? (but it's so dark it's possibly a 402). Congrats either way. Now for a hammered bronze and you ARE complete. :)

That's one sweet snare! I see you also posted this pic on Drumstogo Facebook page too. I love that drum shop!

That's one sweet snare! I see you also posted this pic on Drumstogo Facebook page too. I love that drum shop!

Great place and cool people!

Love the drum!
Looks like I will be ordering the Remo Lo Collar reso that Karl Crafton was talking about. I can't get it where I want it, without bottoming out on the butt plate.

I put a 30 strand of Fat Cats on it and have been alternating between a Vintage Emperor and Emperor X. I like both but will probably stay with the V.E. . The X has a very Alex Van Halenish "tonk" to it,that I might like recorded.

I am nowhere near done experimenting. This weekend, I will see how I like it with die casts..

Congrats. The LM402 is still my favorite snare, overall. Good call on the low-collar reso head - I did the same. Don't experiment too much !!

Looks like Vintage Marine Pearl at the bottom... the chrome is reflecting the plastic, haha.
Nice drum and congratulations!

None of the local stores had the low collar reso in stock. My favorite drum shop ordered one for me but I am still waiting. It's very frustrating not being able to tune this drum the way I want.At its tightest,the reso is still so loose that my rimshots loosen the bottom rods within a couple of tunes. ANNOYED!!!

None of the local stores had the low collar reso in stock. My favorite drum shop ordered one for me but I am still waiting. It's very frustrating not being able to tune this drum the way I want.At its tightest,the reso is still so loose that my rimshots loosen the bottom rods within a couple of tunes. ANNOYED!!!

I'm always surprised when I read about this. There's a few of you here now with this problem and I just don't get how it can be so. I have a Supra, a Black Beauty and a hammered bronze....all with P-33's and all of them with a standard snare side Ambassador. I have no issues cranking the thing up at all and have found that the drums don't detune any quicker than any other drum I've ever owned. It's all very strange.

I knew someone was gonna take that one and run with it,Larry. :)

P.F.O.G.,I guess we all just have different opinions of what a tight reso is. I hate the idea of being restricted to one head. I will probably end up replacing the butt or re-drilling.

Die cast hoops!
625468_4258715943563_1656248476_n.jpg

No collar reso!
552063_4258811265946_1049497415_n.jpg

I forgot just how hard it is to keep a chrome snare clean. wheeeewwww!

Back