Chad Smith or Danny Carey?

what the funk of it

Originally Chickenfoot and Tool were to come to town August 4th and 5th respectively. For one reason or another Chickenfoot has been rescheduled and now both bands play the same night. These are two of my all-time favourite drummers by the way.

Seeing as I've already bought my CF ticket and I've seen Tool 3 times and Chad only once from the other side of a hockey arena - I'm going to Chickenfoot.

So what would you do?

I'd go tool
just because i listen to lots of tool and never seen them live ;(
love TOOL

What a show! No doubt I made the right decision.

Chad held it down. Solid groove, great energy and even executed an impressively high stick toss caught on beat - Seamless! The same trick he (graciously) missed when I saw him a few years back with the Peppers. What a performer - great presence and attitude every time!

Even though I'm a huge fan of Chad's and seeing him up close and in the flesh made my day, the real highlight of the night was the incredibly talented guitar playing. Sure, Satriani was unreal (that goes without saying) it was the opening band that really blew me away.

Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam. If you haven't heard of them, you better get on that soon. This guy is a blues legend in the making. Face Melting solos, great tone and pocket, nice voice too. Pretty unbelievable stuff considering his age.

I heard Tool was pretty much an evolved version of the same show I've seen 3 times now. It would've been awesome, but they'll be back. Hopefully with some new material next time.

My guess is that Chickenfoot may not be around very long. It's a real treat to see them all together. Even more so with Knowles opening - he's going places. Highly recommended for anyone contemplating hitting up CF on their next stop.

Back