Patent Issued on Low Volume Drum Sticks

Sounds great. Get an A/B video going, and you might be onto something. Until then, the existing testimonials and videos don't tell us a whole lot.

If it was a 20 dollar item, it would be - sure, throw the 20 bucks away on a possible winner.
It's 50 bucks. For that many dollars, most of us need to know it is what we're looking for.
So far, the videos do Not close the deal. Not even close.

Sounds great. Get an A/B video going, and you might be onto something. Until then, the existing testimonials and videos don't tell us a whole lot.

If it was a 20 dollar item, it would be - sure, throw the 20 bucks away on a possible winner.
It's 50 bucks. For that many dollars, most of us need to know it is what we're looking for.
So far, the videos do Not close the deal. Not even close.

The sticks are 25 dollars, the set, (with the kick beater) is $50. No one can please everybody all the time, even with a money back guaranty, but I am guessing by many of your posts you're not an easy man to please. The videos weren't made to close the deal, but shows they work just like regular sticks and kick beater. I don't believe I could satisfy your curiosity about these without you checking them out yourself and I sincerely hope you have the opportunity someday. It's been an interesting exchange.

Aloha!

Lazaro

Congrats on creating what appears to be a great product,

I'm going to buy the sticks and beater just as soon as I recover from the recent winter related weather expenses that I have encountered.

Thank you, I have long been looking for something like this.

Can we not just play softer with smaller sticks.? Does no one teach dynamics these days. Maybe everyone needs to spend three years in orchestra as I did to learn to play softer. I can buy 3 pairs of sticks for 25.00 and play softly. Where is the problem. I'm with Frank on this and I'm not hard to please. Where are the inflatable bearing edges??? In the video whoever is playing is barely hitting the ride cymbal so of course it is quieter and the bass drum would get me kicked out of the neighborhood late at night. Sorry I just don't see it.

I have the ability to play soft with 7a sticks with no problem.
I like the way that the Lidwish sticks sound great on the cymbals.
They take the edge off while producing nice sound.
I feel that I could be even more dynamic with sticks like these.

I play with nylon Blasticks often.
I like them but they are disappointing on the cymbals.

First off, I think the product is good.

But if you want to be taken seriously, then your website needs an awful, awful lot of work.

Testimonials are commonly used on scam sites. They need to go, stat. Testimonials scream of "phony'', regardless of whether they actually are or not - because they're easy to fake. The pictures could be Photoshopped, etc. There's just no need for them if the product is good - people will believe you if you provide enough evidence.

Which takes me to my second point. Good videos. You need professionally produced product videos that have been shot and mixed properly and then product comparisons. The first point of marketing is to generate a perceived 'need' and you're not actually doing that because nowhere can we see a comparison between these and traditional sticks/brushes/hot rods. Do that and you might generate more sales volume.

Thirdly, the look of the site needs to change. It's six years out of date. Hire a professional web designer with a decent portfolio to do it - looking at Maui design's Frontpage, they really aren't up to the job. Don't scimp out here, the website is your shop window to the World and it looks awful. 'Facebook' links on the frontpage dilute your brand and show your advertising as weak and ineffective. Make sure any web developer you hire doesn't use Flash unless it's necessary. Your product photos are shoddy, too.

Take something like the BBC News Website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Block colours, easy links, simple layout. There's a lot on there, but it's organised and presented minimalistically. It's a good website.

Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/

Again, simple colours. A bit more going on here, but not a long page full of (useless) writing. Everything is linkable, the actual front page is minimal, even though there's a lot there.

This does cost money to do properly, but it isn't hard to learn if you need to. I really think you should do some work on the website, because I actually want you to succeed! You have a good product let down by an awful website.

Can we not just play softer with smaller sticks.? Does no one teach dynamics these days. Maybe everyone needs to spend three years in orchestra as I did to learn to play softer. I can buy 3 pairs of sticks for 25.00 and play softly. Where is the problem. I'm with Frank on this and I'm not hard to please. Where are the inflatable bearing edges??? In the video whoever is playing is barely hitting the ride cymbal so of course it is quieter and the bass drum would get me kicked out of the neighborhood late at night. Sorry I just don't see it.

You are absolutely right about the low volume dynamics and technique but even our experienced and professional drummers have said these sticks and kick are also worthy of being in their bag.

But if you want to be taken seriously, then your website needs an awful, awful lot of work.

That's where I was coming from. But for offering up some feedback, after stating I was extremely interested, I was told that I was "difficult to please." Way to sell, brother.

I would have already ordered some if there was even a Single video that demonstrated what they do and not do - via A/Bing.

I Frequently work on low volume technique, but I'm also Frequently on the look out for other
low volume solutions. Always, always interested in these things.

That's where I was coming from. But for offering up some feedback, after stating I was extremely interested, I was told that I was "difficult to please." Way to sell, brother.

Sorry you took some offense, but none intended. Ok, I'll ask the question - what is a/b?

Sorry you took some offense, but none intended. Ok, I'll ask the question - what is a/b?

To compare them side by side. Have someone get on a kit, play some things with regular sticks, then play the same thing, with the same force applied, with your sticks. That will be a useful illustration to us.

before and after
with your stick and then standard stick.

BTW, congrats on the patent. Not an easy gig. I hope you do very well.

F

Then have a video that tries to explain how your sticks achieve what they achieve.

Explaining:

- What is that in the middle of the stick? Is that a joint of some sort?
- What is that tip? Is that hard metal, or something flexible?
- What's the difference between the Ultra and Classic design?

I cannot agree with you more on so many levels. The website needs concise content, layout and a lot more whitespace. The examples you used are more what I had in mind, but without the web skills, or the budget at this time...I'm a small company, I surf, I skate, and the USPTO just gave me a (expensive) patent, which cannot be faked. I'll work on it though.

I cannot agree with you more on so many levels. The website needs concise content, layout and a lot more whitespace. The examples you used are more what I had in mind, but without the web skills, or the budget at this time...I'm a small company, I surf, I skate, and the USPTO just gave me a (expensive) patent, which cannot be faked. I'll work on it though.

I'm glad you take my critique graciously. I wish you the best of luck.

To compare them side by side. Have someone get on a kit, play some things with regular sticks, then play the same thing, with the same force applied, with your sticks. That will be a useful illustration to us.

Thats my point. I could sit there with a broom handle and play softly and say see they don't make noise, which is exactly what the player in the video is doing on the ride cymbal. Along with no comparison of yours and real sticks that video looks like one of those 19.95 TV commercials where an actor does something so obvious to make it look real it looks totally fake. His technique is so stiff in an effort not to make any noise I'm surprised he didn't hurt himself. when I see someone really lay into a drum or cymbal and it's quiet I'll believe it. Until then my 7.95 7A sticks will do fine. And if you use regal tip nylon you can play even lighter and get good stick sound on the ride cymbal at low volume.

Until then my 7.95 7A sticks

If you like 7A's, as I do, then you might like the ones I recently discovered.
Vater has 7A Sugar Maples. Sugar Maple is a significantly lighter wood.

Lovin them.

Thats my point. I could sit there with a broom handle and play softly and say see they don't make noise, which is exactly what the player in the video is doing on the ride cymbal. Along with no comparison of yours and real sticks that video looks like one of those 19.95 TV commercials where an actor does something so obvious to make it look real it looks totally fake. His technique is so stiff in an effort not to make any noise I'm surprised he didn't hurt himself. when I see someone really lay into a drum or cymbal and it's quiet I'll believe it. Until then my 7.95 7A sticks will do fine. And if you use regal tip nylon you can play even lighter and get good stick sound on the ride cymbal at low volume.

And my point is that if you wish to play your drums with a hard driving stick attack then no these are not for you. These sticks and kick beaters are rather for one who grooves some unplugged r&b reggae jazz lite rock. Someone who would wish too play at a lower velocity thus creating a lower sound dynamic. To play our stick you would need to understand brush play theory and so if you fuse stick and brush technique. Then you will have the perfect ultra tones technique. So if the drummers look like their playing lite they are - that's the point of lower volume play. Now I do realize that will not suit everyone for over 99.9 of our customer that is the case - after over 3000 sales, we've had 3 returns. I would like to thank you very much for you thoughts and your kind input. Aloha

Until then my 7.95 7A sticks will do fine. And if you use regal tip nylon you can play even lighter and get good stick sound on the ride cymbal at low volume.

Funny you should mention the Regal Tips - you are absolutely correct, they are about the lowest volume wood stick on the market, and it is exactly why I exclusively use the 16" nylon tip Regal Jazz Stick to compare noise levels with my stick. To this day it is the stick I use to play. Now with that being said, I guaranty you money back that my product will play significantly at lower volume than that stick by about 40% more or less depending on technique. Like all drum stick products, they are drummer dependent. The ability of the drummer to use techniques from the softest, such as brushes, or harder play, such as in marching band or hard rock, what we're hoping to do with the Ultra Tones is to give drummers another option in using their acoustic kit. Yes, it is true what you have observed in our videos in that the drummers are not playing all out. So for that reason our sticks will never replace good old fashioned rudiment play with an obvious harder strike that you would find in products such as drum practice pads. Not to limit the Ultra-Tones to just soft play, you can play with a harder striking velocity. You'll just sacrifice lower sound dynamic.

Resurrecting this Thread, did anyone purchase tried these Ultra Tone sticks, what did you think? The product website looks unchanged for a long time, maybe they're not selling it any longer.

Back