Bloody drum kit jams...

ANIMALBEATS

Silver Member
Theres a site called www.drumchannel.com and they keep having "drum jams" with two or more people soloing at the same time, these things infuriate me. I love listening to solos and listening to what chops, strokes, beats, dymanics they are using, but with more than one drummer on the go at a time its impossible to differentiate between the artists and what they are playing. It seems to me like a waste of playing to clutter it so.

I have no problems with differenciating. Maybe we've been watching different videos? A waste you say? Having fun with other drummers and sharing it with the world, for free? Does not compute.

really?? I absolutely loved the one with Bozzio, Lang, D'Virgilio and (someone else who's name I forget). I thought it was soooo inspiring!! they had some really cool dual drumset/percussion grooves throughout! Same With the Abe Laboriel Jr./ Thomas Pridgen solos. I was so inspired by the latter I went on my kit and had one of the most soulful solo jams for 30 mins straight. it was unbelievable, all I did was take 2 of my 16" crashes, and made them into a set of hats and i was off!

i know for certain on the Lang/Bozzio/D'Virgilio jam you can switch the cam so that you can only view Lang's kit from above.

-Jonathan

I, no the concept's great, i just wish they were solo's, right enough, ive never thought about watching individual cameras.

ive never thought about watching individual cameras

haha yeah although I'm not sure all the videos are set up like that unfortunately.... :(

and (at least for Thomas Pridgen) he got a solo vid all to himself. its super inspiring, be careful not to watch it at work, as the rest of your day will suck till you can get home to play. ;-)

-Jonathan

Back