My LUDWIG & RMV kits...

but are you sure the bass drum is 24"x18" and not 24"x20"?
it looks too deep to be an 18" to me......

-Jonathan

LOL :D Trust me, both kicks on each kit are 18" deep, I ordered both as 18's.
(I think the Ludwigs may look deeper due to the blend with the hoops, you know ?)

And thank you both Karl & Zephead...

Another pic of the LUDS and a better view of the
AHEAD 'Black On Brass' snare.

Attachments

• Lud12.jpg
    Lud12.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 4,219
  • Ahead Snare close up.jpg
    Ahead Snare close up.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,999
I absolutely love both of your setups!!!

great idea for the gong bass drum, i may end up copying you.

but are you sure the bass drum is 24"x18" and not 24"x20"?
it looks too deep to be an 18" to me......

-Jonathan

I have the same question! , by the way, I'm drooling right now . I loveee Ludwig's!

so 18" or 20"?

Beauty Luds man! I prefer a shallower kick for the classics, but yours is stunning nonetheless!

Very, VERY nice kits, man! I love classic maples and also ordered one around the same time, last year. I had so many problems w/ the bass drum hoops, I had to eventually return the kit.

Have you noticed any issues w/ the hoops being undersized and not fitting properly? Mine would ride on the edge of the head instead of sitting all the way down on the flesh hoop of the head. I couldn't get that thing to tune up.

Very, VERY nice kits, man! I love classic maples and also ordered one around the same time, last year.

Thanks for the kind words.

I had so many problems w/ the bass drum hoops, I had to eventually return the kit.Have you noticed any issues w/ the hoops being undersized and not fitting properly? Mine would ride on the edge of the head instead of sitting all the way down on the flesh hoop of the head. I couldn't get that thing to tune up.

Zero problems on this end whatsoever.

Wow. Wasn't it just a hoop issue ? Couldn't you have the hoops replaced instead of a complete kit return ?

Wow. Wasn't it just a hoop issue ? Couldn't you have the hoops replaced instead of a complete kit return ?

Ahh well, the plot thickened during the course of a couple of months. It might have also been the shell itself, in addition to the undersized, out-of-round, and untrue hoops. They eventually sent replacement hoops which were done incorrectly (very sloppy, stupid oversight on Ludwig's part) and it was at that point that I got fed up and sent the whole thing back. I needed drums I could play everyday so I just quickly replaced them.

But...I'm giving them another chance. ;)

Ahh well, the plot thickened during the course of a couple of months. It might have also been the shell itself, in addition to the undersized, out-of-round, and untrue hoops. They eventually sent replacement hoops which were done incorrectly (very sloppy, stupid oversight on Ludwig's part) and it was at that point that I got fed up and sent the whole thing back. I needed drums I could play everyday so I just quickly replaced them.

But...I'm giving them another chance. ;)

There you go. Sounds good. :)

Back