Best Metal Voice?

Too many good ones, but my some of my favorites are:

Tom Araya, Joey Belladonna, Dave Mustaine

Tom Araya just has a really good crunchy angry voice, and it sounds natural to me, which I like.

Belladonna....fun fun fun fun, what else can I say?

Mustaine's voice just appeals to me so much, I don't know why...maybe because it's so unique.

Matt Heafy isn't bad. I actaully really like his voice.

But whoever said Chronos from Venom....you are so right. His voice fits his music so perfectly

Oops...

How could I forget, Geoff Tate?! :-|

Queensryche of the early to mid 80's was very dynamic with his vocals.

The Queensryche(EP), Warning, and Rage for Order albums are great examples of excellent metal voice songs.

Huge fan of Tates' vocals pre-90's(commercial stuff).

;-)

But whoever said Chronos from Venom....you are so right. His voice fits his music so perfectly[/QUOTE]

I said it, mate! thanks for your comments.

Don't know if anyone said Chad Grey.
He's horrible live (I had the chance to see Hellyeah), though.

And, lets not forget Max Cavalera, Alexi Laiho, Randy Blythe, Jamey Jasta, and people like them.

and the dude from 3 Inches of Blood and Bobby Blitz

Last edited:
my opinion only (let's see if you like my taste), in no order:

dying fetus = most of it is pretty awesome
glen benton
Barney Greenway, band=napalm death, song=Twist the Knife (Slowly), album=Fear, Emptiness, Despair
Martin LaCroix (Cryptopsy) album= and then you'll beg
six feet under vocalist has so much power.

... David Drahmain (Disturbed).
A very unique voice. Its great for Nu-Metal/metal

He's a Hall-of-Famer for sure. Remarkable dynamic range and full of passion. (Not to mention his repertoire of weird noises.) No one would ever have heard of Disturbed without him. He's amazing.

Matt Sanders "M. shadows" Avenged Sevenfold is great too. The screaming in their songs is done by the drummer (james sulivan) don't really like his voice...

It all depends on the genre of metal since there are so many categories.

For me being a metal lover since the early 80's, it's almost like the question that we all dread "Who is the best drummer"....I would list who I think are the best, but it would be a long boring list for you all :)

Kim Bendix Petersen (King Diamond) ~ Mercyful Fate.

Yes I do, when he was singing for Helloween, by the way, good German metal band. He has that Bruce Dickinson style.

Attachments

• Michael_Kiske.jpg
    Michael_Kiske.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 151
Sebastian Bach. Even today he is able to hold a full range with sustain. My hats off to all the others mentioned.

Well...

Does Candlebox count as a metal band?

If so, I HAVE to mention Kevin Martin.

I just saw them Saturday night in Deleware, and KM was simply amazing.

This guy is so melodic, has fantastic range, and just has such a pure singing voice. Even his screams are falsetto in nature. WOW!!

I've always known that he could sing, seen him/them live 3 times and Saturday night sealed the deal for me that Kevin Martin is for real!

;-)

Back