22x20 bass drum cases.don't fit!.

dully

hi , please tell me wot case to buy 4 my mapex saturn bass drum, i have been told protection racket soft case, but will my mapex saturn leg spurs fit in the 22x20 soft case. does any one have this set up, also my 16x16 is in a protection racket case but very tight its bulging i had to take off the wing nuts.do ineed a 17 or 18 case... i dont want to go the next size up on the kick say a 24" because its must be to loose fit.help please dully.

Re: 22x20 bass drum cases.dont fit!.

I have Tuxedo bags for my Yamaha set. They seem to have extra room which is what I needed for the YESS mounting system. You can call Steve Weiss and they will tell you if it will fit. That's what I did.
http://www.steveweissmusic.com/product/1108511/bass-drum-bags

Jeff

I have a custom kit with a 22x20 kick. I dont know about the Mapex Spurs, but I know mine are pretttty damn bulky and yea, the Protection Racket 22x20 soft case works fine.

I had an old beato soft case that was designed for a 18X22 kick but the 20X22 fit in there fine, id imagine a hard case would work as well you would just have to loosen the strap's a tad

hi , please tell me wot case to buy 4 my mapex saturn bass drum, i have been told protection racket soft case, but will my mapex saturn leg spurs fit in the 22x20 soft case. does any one have this set up, also my 16x16 is in a protection racket case but very tight its bulging i had to take off the wing nuts.do ineed a 17 or 18 case... i dont want to go the next size up on the kick say a 24" because its must be to loose fit.help please dully.
That's EASY to fix. Get the kicks cut down to a normal 14 inch depth, THEN they'll fit!!! :D

The saturn's leg spurs are a real bitch to get into a bag designed to fit the size of the drum. If you can find one larger, purchase it at once. I always had a hell of a time with my 22X18 when gigging with it.

ok dully here, thought i better let you know wot i used in the end as i had mixed views on wot might fit but some interesting advice too thanks all. i purchased a 22x20 protection racket soft case, but it is tight and a bit tricky to pack away i have to put the b/drum on the floor with spurs at the top, the feed the bag over the spurs first as it is tight and a little tricky by yourself, then turn the drum over and get the other side over and zipped up its ok ,spurs stick out a bit but i think the 24" wud be to baggy and wud float around too much, thats not wot i wanted. thanks 4 ur help folks.dully.oh yeah, i might get pissed off with doing that all the time who knows ha ha.

That's EASY to fix. Get the kicks cut down to a normal 14 inch depth, THEN they'll fit!!! :D

+1

I had a hard time finding a 14" case that would house my DW floor tom. The leg brackets were just too big to fit in any 14" cases. Then, I found a 14" SKB FLOOR TOM case, which is different than the "regular" 14" tom case, and has a little extra diameter, and it worked perfectly. You can talk with SKB, and they can custom make you a case to your specs. Just go to their website...it has all the info to get in touch with them.

My Tama set has a 22x20 bass drum and I use the Protection Racket with the wool inside or whatever it is (soft cases). Fits perfect.

Please drop me a line if you're still looking. We do PR cases every day and I know what brands fit by default and which do not. That's why it's always a good idea to always buy from a drumshop where you can get expert help.

For Saturns, you need to buy one size UP in diameter for BDs and FTs. For example, for a 22x20....buy a 24x20 PR case. For the toms, make sure you buy the RIMS model PR cases. It'll have a "R" in the model number.

Check out our video too. Thanks!

http://www.justdrumsonline.com/store/c-380-protection-racket.aspx

dully;581726....... i purchased a 22x20 protection racket soft case said:
24" too baggy, too baggy for what? The 24 would have been a breeze to put the drum in. Now, your sentenced to eternal struggle with a tight bag, doesn't make sense to me.

A baggy bag has benefits, the main one being ease of use. Its pretty crazy to struggle with tight drum bags, which also increase your chances of scratching the drums finish when taking on/off.

There's no written law that says your bags need to fit tight. Also no scientific proof a tight-bag is better at protecting drums, they actually offer 'less' protection. More padding is what you want, not less.

My Tama set has a 22x20 bass drum and I use the Protection Racket with the wool inside or whatever it is (soft cases). Fits perfect.

What kind of tama kit is it? Cause I just bought a Superstar Hyperdrive and the spurs on 'em are pretty beefy.

Over 30yrs playing & I have never taken my floor legs off, I mark the legs so I can replace them quickly. I would be paranoid since loading brings all kinds of permutations & sometimes an adventure (drunks, friends, bass players) helping us...lol, don't want other gear falling on tom legs.... if they were left on.

Happy stroking! JT <><

j/k about bass players, now drunk bass
players another topic : )

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-03%20at%2012.30.09%20PM.png

Life imitates art, I guess...?

Back