Exotic DW snare + wood hoops

boomcrashbang

I hope u got caught by the thread title.. :D
I just cant hold my self to make another thread for this beauty! sooo..for you haters..just enjoy it or leave it :)

I got a pair of maple woodhoop..lacquered it and pimped it on my gorgeous DW COCOBOLO 14x6.5 :) its freakin sexy, guys! here are the pics..ENJOY!!

IMG_0178Large.jpg

IMG_0179Large.jpg

IMG_0180Large.jpg

IMG_0182Large.jpg

IMG_0183Large.jpg

IMG_0184Large.jpg

IMG_0185Large.jpg

IMG_0186Large.jpg

IMG_0187Large.jpg

IMG_0188Large.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely gorgeous drum.

Quick question: What's the significance of the F# stamped on the inside?

Absolutely gorgeous drum.

Quick question: What's the significance of the F# stamped on the inside?

DW do this to all their shells. They take all the hardware off and then hit them with a rubber mallet to determine the note they produce. This shell produces an F#. I don't know if it makes any difference when you're coming to actually match the drums together, but it's a DW process.

DW do this to all their shells. They take all the hardware off and then hit them with a rubber mallet to determine the note they produce. This shell produces an F#. I don't know if it makes any difference when you're coming to actually match the drums together, but it's a DW process.

I learned something today........ Thanks MFB

I just exclaimed "oh yum" aloud. That's a beautiful looking snare drum. The wood hoops really make it pop, and the tube lugs really finish it all off.

In conclusion, I want one.

I just exclaimed "oh yum" aloud. That's a beautiful looking snare drum. The wood hoops really make it pop, and the tube lugs really finish it all off.

In conclusion, I want one.

........ don't we all? :D

taking about the sound , what's the difference with the wood hoops?

Ive always wondered, what do rim shots sound like one a wood hoop, its a much thicker area, and i would imagine that the metal ring isnt present.

I want a great wood-hooped snare. This certainly seems like one. Did you change the lugs, or did they come from DW?

I want a great wood-hooped snare. This certainly seems like one. Did you change the lugs, or did they come from DW?

it was custom ordered to DW, bro :) as well as the shell, which is solid and exotic..the reinforcement rings are also made of solid (maple)..

I really love the sound! soo beefy and it has the lower end punchy tone thanks to the wood hoop and 6.5 depth.. Cocobolo's character is more into dark sounding and a little bit dry..low pitched tone..

Great looking snare. I'm sure it sounds fantastic too.

In response to Crystal Kid...wood hoops add a bit of warmness to the overall sound and the rim shots are amazing! I run maple wood hoops on my birch Starclassic snare (and will do the same when my bubinga arrives) and I'll never go back to steel rims.

Back