I supported a local music shop, and...

Just let the thread die. I'm done. My hi-energy sounds better anyways (I tried the ambassador as a batter).

Well, 805, it's like this- yeah, you're a novice. We all were at some point. You bought a commonly used head on impulse. As impulse buys go, it was a pretty good one. Great head. Try it. Too ringy? Moongel. Not ringy enough? Tighten the reso. We can even forgive you for not knowing that snare-side heads are much much thinner than heads used for batters and tom resos. Yes, Remo's snare-side heads carry the same designations as the batters, but it's for the varying thicknesses in THAT kind of head. While working in instrument retail I saw at least two snares with separate owners come in to be checked out because the snare "didn't sound right", because batters were on the bottom. So, you're not the first. Don't feel bad. Live and learn.

Now, the rough part... the DWForum is AWESOME for a resource, conversation, idea trading, etc. But, you gotta do some research for your more mundane questions, and honestly, we don't want you to ask us what to use to clean snot off your hihats when you sneezed on 'em, nor tell us about your awesome new snare sound when you tightened your lugs an extra quarter turn, nor ask what will happen when you use a small pillow in your bass drum rather than a rolled-up towel behind your pedal posts... For God sakes, just try it first if you have the gear/equipment. Use your ears. Look on the web and READ about it before asking- here and elsewhere. Hell, even ask the guy/girl at the store before you buy. Often times shop folks, if they're not jerks, welcome shop talk as a break from more mundane tasks, as long as you don't wear our your welcome there either. If you don't think of it 'til after you buy, call him/her back or chill 'til you go there next. Bottom line- 90% of your posts are about such mundane things that you have to learn to better filter what's going from your brain to your typing fingers. (Drumsticks aren't touching those fingers enough, are they?)

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we'd love for you & everyone else, even noobs, to join in on the various educational and entertaining threads here- just have some patience, improve your filter, and contribute a little more meaningfully. Ask better questions. Don't tell/ask us Every. Little. Thing. Then, we'll enjoy your posts more, you'll spend a bit less time here and therefore, hopefully, a little more time drumming. Then, if you have a more meaningful comment or not-so-easily-answered question such as comparisons of gear that you're SERIOUSLY considering purchasing and not "just curious" like "Planet Z vs. K's?" (yes, I know you didn't post that), or "hey, guess what, I tried a 5A instead of a 5B- awesome!", we'll enjoy your company much more here and our reactions will be much less snide.

Some of you WERE a little harsh to 805, even though he kinda brought it on. Remember, you can just skip his posts if you like, nobody's making you read 'em. Play nice or you'll have to leave the sandbox! (Sorry, I'm a teacher, and that side of me rears its head outside the classroom occasionally, haha!)

Well, 805, it's like this- yeah, you're a novice. We all were at some point. You bought a commonly used head on impulse. As impulse buys go, it was a pretty good one. Great head. Try it. Too ringy? Moongel. Not ringy enough? Tighten the reso. We can even forgive you for not knowing that snare-side heads are much much thinner than heads used for batters and tom resos. Yes, Remo's snare-side heads carry the same designations as the batters, but it's for the varying thicknesses in THAT kind of head. While working in instrument retail I saw at least two snares with separate owners come in to be checked out because the snare "didn't sound right", because batters were on the bottom. So, you're not the first. Don't feel bad. Live and learn.

Now, the rough part... the DWForum is AWESOME for a resource, conversation, idea trading, etc. But, you gotta do some research for your more mundane questions, and honestly, we don't want you to ask us what to use to clean snot off your hihats when you sneezed on 'em, nor tell us about your awesome new snare sound when you tightened your lugs an extra quarter turn, nor ask what will happen when you use a small pillow in your bass drum rather than a rolled-up towel behind your pedal posts... For God sakes, just try it first if you have the gear/equipment. Use your ears. Look on the web and READ about it before asking- here and elsewhere. Hell, even ask the guy/girl at the store before you buy. Often times shop folks, if they're not jerks, welcome shop talk as a break from more mundane tasks, as long as you don't wear our your welcome there either. If you don't think of it 'til after you buy, call him/her back or chill 'til you go there next. Bottom line- 90% of your posts are about such mundane things that you have to learn to better filter what's going from your brain to your typing fingers. (Drumsticks aren't touching those fingers enough, are they?)

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we'd love for you & everyone else, even noobs, to join in on the various educational and entertaining threads here- just have some patience, improve your filter, and contribute a little more meaningfully. Ask better questions. Don't tell/ask us Every. Little. Thing. Then, we'll enjoy your posts more, you'll spend a bit less time here and therefore, hopefully, a little more time drumming. Then, if you have a more meaningful comment or not-so-easily-answered question such as comparisons of gear that you're SERIOUSLY considering purchasing and not "just curious" like "Planet Z vs. K's?" (yes, I know you didn't post that), or "hey, guess what, I tried a 5A instead of a 5B- awesome!", we'll enjoy your company much more here and our reactions will be much less snide.

Some of you WERE a little harsh to 805, even though he kinda brought it on. Remember, you can just skip his posts if you like, nobody's making you read 'em. Play nice or you'll have to leave the sandbox! (Sorry, I'm a teacher, and that side of me rears its head outside the classroom occasionally, haha!)

well said Timm..

very well said..couldnt have said it better..if at all..

Alex

Ok i think 805 has learnt now, and he should take onboard everything that timmdrum has said. But 805, just keep in mind that we are moslty all nice people, all you have to do is think about the Question before you ask it, make sure its sensible and ask nicely, i'm not saying u dont ask nicely, i'm just tellin ya. Hope to see some more threads and posts by you soon 805 :)

So did you get a good enough answer so we can see this bargain bin you talk about. :)

"(PS: If I get a good answer, I'll post a hilarious picture of this music store's "bargain bin" of drum parts)"

well said Timm..

very well said..couldnt have said it better..if at all..

Alex

(in best Elvis accent) "Thankyou, Thankyouverymuch..."

Wow, I'm impressed. You obviously learned how to type.

To clear things up, I searched for about 20 minutes on this site, and online, but couldn't find anything about coated ambassadors on the bottom of a snare.

So, uh, yeah.

To clear things up, I searched for about 20 minutes on this site, and online, but couldn't find anything about coated ambassadors on the bottom of a snare.

Yeah, well, see, there's a reason for that. Try looking for bicycles tires on a Humvee. You won't find anything about that either.

Wow, I'm impressed. You obviously learned how to type.

So, uh, yeah.

You obviously haven't learned how to read. Go back and re read... or.....just read his post again.

BTW Good job Tim, couldn't of said it better myself.

look buddy, were not trying to be jerks..and we wont be..
but when you say something like this:
"Wow, I'm impressed. You obviously learned how to type."
that just made me mad..

everything he said in that post was trying to encourage you...

and i'll admit...i was a bit harsh..all of us were...but there was a reason...

you can look on any site like Guitarcenter.com , Musiciansfriend.com , Music123.com to name a few..but you can find info there..not hard to realize...

i highly doubt that there isnt a single thread on this on DW..but, i could be wrong..

Alex

Badly, It's my first choice for a snare batter but it would be terrible for the snare side.

See guys? That's pretty much all I was looking for. This thread could have been over in 3 posts without any lecturing, etc.

Nope. Too thick. What head do you have on your batter right now? Hi-energy?

805, this was the seventh reply you got.
you still kept asking us.......

805, this was the seventh reply you got.
you still kept asking us.......

Yes, but the first couple answers I got, contradicted themselves. One was "yes" and the other was "no."

BTW, THIS IS A DRUMMER'S FORUM, NOT A SOAP OPERA!

Basically they are saying that you are an idiot and their knowledge is far superior, I'm jk but try experimenting a little before you ask a question like they said, I would have probably just thrown the head on even if I liked the one I was using just to experiment with it, but don't let everyone get you down about this, you are still free to post what you want, no one had to read any of this, I didn't even have to type this if you think about it, it will all end in the same result, so why do I do it? Because I am damn bored and I really don't know why lol.

Basically they are saying that you are an idiot and their knowledge is far superior, I'm jk but try experimenting a little before you ask a question like they said, I would have probably just thrown the head on even if I liked the one I was using just to experiment with it, but don't let everyone get you down about this, you are still free to post what you want, no one had to read any of this, I didn't even have to type this if you think about it, it will all end in the same result, so why do I do it? Because I am damn bored and I really don't know why lol.

If you're bored, you could go to youtube.com/funnyz and watch my videos=D

Some threads to glance through:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28951&highlight=coated+diplomat+on+snare+side
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=501297
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44718

No, they don't specifically address coated ambassadors in these threads, but they do talk about thicker heads and coating specifically.

A quick tip- Google can often turn up threads that the site's search function may not. Go to Google and type what you want... then add the tag "site:drummerworld.com" and Google will only search here.

Back