Peavey Radial Pro 501 for $180?

Pyromaniac777

Silver Member
So I have a neighbor that has found this set on craigslist. It comes with all of the drums plus a Sabian B8 ride. Judging from the picture he showed me, it also looked like it came with a nice throne that has a backrest. The set also has all Remo heads. I dont know the condition of the set. From the picture it looked pretty decent. Does this sound like a good deal?

Jump on it man before someone else does. The Edsel of drums. A member here by the name of Tard swore by them. Those are ultra thin shells, 3 mm if memory serves. I played a set once but they were muffled all to crap. Thin shells rock.

Unless the drums are just a total mess, well worth $180.​

Get over there with cash if they're in good shape! The 501 series are wrapped (blk, wht, red), 1000 paint/lacquer. PEAVEY and ARBITER design drums didn't really catch on for some reason.

Cool vid. Remind you of another drum design you see here on DRUMMERWORLD?

So my neighbor went over and snagged them. It was an amazing deal!!! The set came with Sabian AA hi hats, a nice Gibraltar kick pedal, Roc-N-Soc throne, B8 ride, Remo heads, and the drums were in awesome condition! And he got it all for $150!!!

So my neighbor went over and snagged them. It was an amazing deal!!! The set came with Sabian AA hi hats, a nice Gibraltar kick pedal, Roc-N-Soc throne, B8 ride, Remo heads, and the drums were in awesome condition! And he got it all for $150!!!
Amazing deal! The drums were for free :) Good sounding drums, especially in a melodic context.

Remind you of another drum design you see here on DRUMMERWORLD?
Some similarities in certain sonic benefits, but not in construction or execution.

As a side snippet, I've spoken at length with Steven Volpp. The inside track on the development & interaction with Peavey management was very interesting. Even more so to me, what worked, what didn't, & who insisted on what.

Unbelievable. Why do I never find a deal like this?

I ALWAYS wanted a set of those Peavys. Just loved the way they sounded.

Back