Todd Sucherman here!

Thanks, and yes that was the one I meant, and you answered my other thought, Olive Ash, really nice colours on that. Great collection, in your DVD, I would of liked a little longer, 360 degree peak at your collection, but hey, you can't cover everything in one session, that was already five hours of material at half the cost most other artists charge.

Coincidentally, Bearing Edge came up in discussion over in ghostnote, some are saying he is re surfacing, there are two snares on fleabay right now, look really purty too.

Last edited:
Todd, just bought the new DVD Methods and Mechanics II, If its half as good as the first one its going to be a wild ride.!!!!!!!!

Hi Todd,

I found your first DVD one of the most useful I've come across.

When's the new one available in the UK? No sign of it on Amazon in the UK yet?

Cheers

Hey Bernhard! I hope all is well with you! Thanks, my friend.

Stillgroovin--

Thanks, man. I hope you enjoy it! Your feedback is always welcomed.

Supermac---

Hmmmm. It should be there by now, or any day. You can always order it from my web store which has been shipping since September 12th. It might take a week plus to hit you over there. Thanks for your interest, and here's a link if you wish....

Thanks, guys-
Todd

http://www.toddsucherman.com/methods-and-mechanics-2.html

Hello Todd! I seen you guys on the 17th after the Braves game in Atlanta! Great show and as always your playing was just awsome!!

LinearDrummer--

Thanks a lot, man.

Biscuit---

Thanks too. That was an interesting gig. And a really bouncy stage! I got woozy in the 3rd song!

Cheers from Vegas,
Todd

Todd, the new video is truly a hit!!! The Mrs. kicked you out of the main house this time, didn't she????LOL!!! You have an aproachable and grounded way about you that makes me know you haven't forgotten where you came from. I loved the way you mixed the live STYX clips with teaching and everyday survival tips. The Quick tip guy seemed a little weak this time!!! All in all a great video that is worth watching over and over. Oh, and I did buy it!!!!

Got the M&M II DVD through today, now I just need to find some time to watch it properly! I've seen some of it though and liking it so far. The bit about checking hotel rooms made both me and my housemate laugh.

Anyway I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend inbetween practising, looking forward to it!

Stillgroovin---

Thanks for the positive feedback! I really appreciate it. Hope you continue to enjoy it, and thanks again.

gwaco--

Cool....looking forward to the date!

Mark--

Thanks a lot, man. Hope you dig it!

Cheers from Niagara Falls-
Todd

Gotta say that the M&M II dvd is awesome. It's a fantastic dvd and takes an approach to instructional drum dvds like no other dvd has. It's a real world, gigging drummers dvd.

Hello Tod,

got both of your videos and id like to say:

1. Thx for the good travelling advices: i play drums but that's not my job, nevertheless my job makes me travel a lot around the world. While watching the video i found myself doing the same things in life :D
2. i use pro tools HD to record myself, and im trying to find a way to listen to myself with no delays while recording while at the same time using some fx, compression and eq to make make my ears enjoy the sound more (i play in a small booth with HP's on). Do u know any good rack preamp (not big mixers: there's no room in the booth :/) that has ""direct out" line outputs independent from the analog outputs that go into the AD converters like the big consoles have?

Thx a bunch
Stefano (Italy)

Todd,
would you mind sharing your max speed for some rudiments (e.g. paradiddle), handwork/footwork, hands & feet combos? I'm fully aware these are merely figures and not 'musical' but I'm just curious by nature when it comes to technique, and having the chance to post questions directly to you on this great forum is just irresistible.

Did you ever 'really'/separately practice double bass? (I guess so, that would be some explanation how you achieved this phenomental control and speed.) Do you remember some click settings?

What's your difference in max speed with right side vs. left side lead (if there is any)?

Drumming just has quite some physical aspect to it, especially if drummers have an energetic style. So to some extent speed is always there inherently. I'm just unclear _which speed_ can be done exactly (to shock myself and estimate the great gap what I can do and what the top drummers can handle).

Thank you for your reply, hopefully I'm not bothering you with these questions.

NeuralizerTY--

Thanks a lot! Thanks for getting it and glad you're enjoying. Thanks for letting me know. I really appreciate it!

Steste50--

Thanks to you as well. The problem you are describing is called "latency" and is a common problem. I wish I could answer your questing but I have an engineer who handles all that stuff for me, so I'm the wrong guy to ask. I would do an internet search on "Pro Tools latency" and I'm sure you can find many solutions. Sorry!

Arky--

No bother on the questions, but I really can't answer them. I've never really been interested in numbers or timing myself. Technique is a means to an end, and that end is saying something on the instrument. That is all I'm concerned with. If I'm using a click, it's to practice with it for a time feel--a groove---playing music. I do not use it as a measurement for physical endurance or to push speed boundaries. I have no interest in that whatsoever. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I have no answers for you regarding that stuff! But thanks for the kind words, man.

Cheers,
Todd

Brian,

I've always loved clear Ambassadors top and bottom on the toms. But experiment and find your sound.

Hey folks....I have three clinics next week. Anyone in these cities? Come out and say hello!

Todd

Oct 17
Richmond Music
10364 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond VA 23235
804-330-7875
Oct 18
Portman’s Music
7650 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31406
800-241-0101
*Oct 20
All Pro Percussion
10101 East Adamo Dr
Tampa, FL 33619
813-341-3786

Hi Todd,

I posted a few weeks ago about the difficulty of getting your new DVD in the UK.

It finally appeared on Amazon, so I paid for it and sat back, looking forward to getting hold of it.

Then I was sent an email by Amazon, saying the DVD distributors in the USA had cancelled the order, for no apparent reason. My money is now in limbo, though I've been told it will drop back into my account in the next twelve days.

Clearly, this is all out of your hands, but maybe your managemant might want to chase it up, as I'm sure you've got a good number of fans in the UK who might be finding the situation frustrating.

You mentioned that your DVD was available from your website, but it's much cheaper and convenient to buy from within the UK.

Just checked Amazon UK and the DVD is again listed as unavailable.

Still hoping to get hold of it soon!!!

Cheers...

Supermac,

I appreciate you keeping me informed of what's going on with the DVD in the UK. I have forwarded your note to Hudson Music in the U.S. We'll see what they say. I'm disappointed that it seems to have had a problem in Europe and the UK. I had heard that an overseas shipment was lost....and maybe that's what's going on here.

As far as cheaper to buy within the UK, I'm not sue. With my site you're paying in US dollars which are worth squat next to the pound! I've shipped many copies to the UK, Europe, Asia....so it's an option to get it from my web site. Nonetheless, thanks for the information.

Cheers,
Todd

Brian,

I've always loved clear Ambassadors top and bottom on the toms. But experiment and find your sound.

Hey folks....I have three clinics next week. Anyone in these cities? Come out and say hello!

Todd

Oct 17
Richmond Music
10364 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond VA 23235
804-330-7875
Oct 18
Portman’s Music
7650 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31406
800-241-0101
*Oct 20
All Pro Percussion
10101 East Adamo Dr
Tampa, FL 33619
813-341-3786

Hey Todd...I live in Savannah area..wish I could attend your clinic (I'm sure it will be awesome)..unfortunately I have class Tuesday night...:(

Back