Blood In My Drumsticks

jwildman

Anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9P2NBrg6g&feature=related

Well Joey donated his blood to be mixed in with the ink they use to write Pro Mark on his signature sticks. So this got me thinking and now this is what I want to do. I want to have blood drawn down at a blood bank and then hallow out my drumsticks a little and put my blood into the hallowed out drum stick. What do you guys think, would I still be able to play with the sticks or would the blood shift around too much?

Well, the first thought that strikes me is: "Why would you want that"? If the stick breaks, you'll potentially end up spraying blood everywhere! I definitely wouldn't want to be standing in the front row when that happens...

Anyway, that said, the blood won't shift around, it'll most likely clot pretty quickly, but I believe there are very strict health regulations surrounding what you get to use blood for (you might not even be allowed to take your own blood with you after getting it drawn). After all, it can carry a whole bunch of diseases. I'm willling to bet that Joey had that blood thoroughly tested and probably even "cleaned" before it went into the paint.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet this was for a single run of the sticks and was strictly a marketing ploy. I doubt Joey is down at Pro Mark donating blood regularly for the many thousands of sticks that are going to be produced, with his name on them.

Also, the ratio of blood to paint is almost trivial. Anyone who thinks they're getting his blood on their sticks has to realize it's probably 99.9% paint.

It's silly really...but if his fans eat it up and Pro Mark sells a few more sticks, more power to 'em.

Wow. That guy is such a queer, and I don't usually say that a lot. In my opinion, this guy isn't a musician, he's a trend setter for 12 year old kids.

In the words of Groucho Marx, "Thats The Most Ridiculous thing I ever Heard!".

He's copying what KISS did in 1976. They put their blood into the red ink for their comic book at Marvel Comics. This latest thing here does nothing for me at all... If you don't like him, don't give him any attention and putting your own blood into your sticks is pointless and above all not a great thing to do.

I just hope he's been tested and cleared for Hepititis B...

***SNIP***
and putting your own blood into your sticks .
***END SNIP***

I don't really think its into but more like onto...

Either way, it's a really terrible marketing ploy, and I would avoid them just because of that.

I think I would spend my time and energy trying to become a better drummer and less like a rock star. This is the kind of thing that just makes me ill to think that someone would want to copy it. Practice your rudiments and leave the gimmicks to the idiots.

I think I would spend my time and energy trying to become a better drummer and less like a rock star. This is the kind of thing that just makes me ill to think that someone would want to copy it. Practice your rudiments and leave the gimmicks to the idiots.

You can say that again. In this day in age,, I wouldn't be shocked to really find out that it didn't actaully happen and is just a cheap publicity stunt. I mean it sure as hell doesn't make me wanna go buy a pair.

Promark rocks, but they have seriously lost it with this one.

Blood on drumsticks ink? WTF? they just took 2 small shots of blood out of him, are they gonna do this every day? lol it's ridiculous.

***SNIP******END SNIP***

I don't really think its into but more like onto...

Either way, it's a really terrible marketing ploy, and I would avoid them just because of that.

Actually if you think about it its a pretty good marketing idea look at all the fanboys that are gonna go out and buy like 20 pairs when they find out that joey jordisons blood is supposedly in the ink. just my opinion

It's a bull story, it will be worth it to donate blood to save human lives.

Anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9P2NBrg6g&feature=related

Well Joey donated his blood to be mixed in with the ink they use to write Pro Mark on his signature sticks. So this got me thinking and now this is what I want to do. I want to have blood drawn down at a blood bank and then hallow out my drumsticks a little and put my blood into the hallowed out drum stick. What do you guys think, would I still be able to play with the sticks or would the blood shift around too much?

that doesn't sound fun...
originality always strikes good for attention to....
:D

Marketing ploy. They are going to sell 2x as many sticks to "Core" fanboys now. Good job pro mark...

The blood would dry inside the sticks. You'd have to get some anticoagulant to keep the blood fluid if so desired.

Sounds like fun...go for it.

Back