Reverbnation myband camp etc

Roostar

How do people find the above platforms work for them? Are they worth the subscription fees? Is one better than the other? Good points bad points? Should bands just sign up for both? Are we better sticking to facebook and soundcloud? What are your thoughts? Any thing to avoid or any hidden features which are brilliant but not obvious at first ? Cheers

I have a Reverbnation page just for sound clips. I think the only reason I signed up was that it was free, and I think they have a widget you can use for a website. I send potential bookings a link to it so they can listen.

Bandcamp is awesome if you want to sell your stuff and merch online. They take a small cut and you get the lion's share. Not so with a lot of distros.

I find soundcloud to be lacking in a lot of areas, but it's an okay place to share stuff with buddies, collaborators, etc.

Reverb is a little facebook-ey to me but we've used it and it works okay for what it is.

Facebook is a basic requirement for most bands. Helps to let people know about shows, new albums, gives goofy guitar players a place to write weird stuff...

PSA: Soundcloud is bleeding staff and money at the moment. If you have a lot of your stuff up there and nowhere else, you might want to back it all up. Rumor has it the company will be dissolved within a couple months.

When we reformed our band we didn't bother with reverbnation, it was never any good other than keeping track of events. Facebook can do that as well as videos. Also 99% of the 'fans on that site were other bands looking for fans themselves. Pretty worthless.

I use Reverberation. It's kind of a one stop shop for getting news out.
The widgets available make it easy to place on a regular .com site. So upload a new video or song to Reverb, and it gets added to your website.

It has a built in Email list.

And if you enter your show info and link it to social media then it will auto-send a post about it to all the linked accounts two days before the gig.

We have our music on every site, and as stated earlier, most of the people who frequent those sites are other musicians. I think bandcamp has the best user interface, and its set up in a way that people understand, so when they do click there from the facebook page its easy for them to listen to music. I would say that buying the subscription for any site is basically a waste of money.

The reality is the only two places that really matter are YouTube and Spotify. However, the massive amount of content on both make getting heard through the noise almost impossible. The only way to cut through the clutter is to get on an artist playlist, or featured on a popular channel. Getting new, original music out to the masses is just as difficult as its always been. The internet has just made it easier to spend money on useless promotion.

Bandcamp is awesome if you want to sell your stuff and merch online. They take a small cut and you get the lion's share. Not so with a lot of distros.

I find soundcloud to be lacking in a lot of areas, but it's an okay place to share stuff with buddies, collaborators, etc.

Reverb is a little facebook-ey to me but we've used it and it works okay for what it is.

Facebook is a basic requirement for most bands. Helps to let people know about shows, new albums, gives goofy guitar players a place to write weird stuff...

Nailed it.

Definitely get a BandCamp page and facebook page.

Take or leave SoundCloud.

Don't bother with ReverbNation.

Nailed it.

Definitely get a BandCamp page and facebook page.

Take or leave SoundCloud.

Don't bother with ReverbNation.

It looks like we'll have to leave Soundcloud anyway.

Dammit, apparently my jam pal's profile has been #1 on the Reverbnation instrumental artists' chart for some time now - don't discourage people from it :)

What do you guys make of the compression and sound of each platform?

Back