sennheiser Hd 280 vs VF s1h1

skyline183

I accidentally bought VF Sih1 (cheaper one, 54$ or something), absolutely hate it. Idk if its cause of my big head, but it was like really small. Also, it's really tight so after 10-15 min, my ear was irritated and i got like a headache. I haven't tried stretching the thing but I doubt that it'll make a difference. Also the sound quality isnt that great. I'm wondering if Vic firth s1h1 is gonna be better, or is it gonna be like really tight like the one I bought. If yes, then I might go w/ sennheiser. The thing is people said that the noise cancellation isn't very good and you have to turn up the music. So i'm open to suggestions

P.S : I probably won't use in ears because they keep falling off my ear.

I accidentally bought VF Sih1 (cheaper one, 54$ or something), absolutely hate it. Idk if its cause of my big head, but it was like really small. Also, it's really tight so after 10-15 min, my ear was irritated and i got like a headache. I haven't tried stretching the thing but I doubt that it'll make a difference. Also the sound quality isnt that great. I'm wondering if Vic firth s1h1 is gonna be better, or is it gonna be like really tight like the one I bought. If yes, then I might go w/ sennheiser. The thing is people said that the noise cancellation isn't very good and you have to turn up the music. So i'm open to suggestions

P.S : I probably won't use in ears because they keep falling off my ear.

I have Senn 280pro in my drum room and they work great. I don't have a problem with their noise cancelling capabilities. I have used them live in a pinch where I didn't have my IEs and they were fine.

I also have Sennheisers 280.

Can you use them to play along to an iPod? Yes.
Can you use them live with a metronome? Yes.

Do they isolate to a safe level like earmuffs? No.

All in all, they're very good headphones. You can drum with them. But they're not ideal.

Unfortuantely, if you want to drum safely and with good sound reproduction, I guess you'll have to go beyond the $200 price tag. :/

Cheers.

I used to use the VFs, and hated them... For all the same reasons you listed plus a few others.

I used these now and love them:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx

The isolate, and sound way better and are much more comfortable. Ignore the price there, you can get them for $60-70 on amazon or similar.

For the money the Sennheiser's you mentioned are great. I had the Vic Firths and disliked them also. After searching this forum I settled on the HD 280 Pros.

Lol found a deal for hd 280 pro for 50$ on CL. I was just wondering what about in ears? Like good sounding ones for ipod and isolation? How much do they usually cost?

Have Sennheisers and Vic Firths. Klipsch S4 smoke both. Sound is way better and much more isolation. But make sure they go in ur ear all the way and use the xmas tree gels. (When you put them in twist slowly - there will be a spot where they go way in - kind of odd at first.)

Well I decided to go with in ears since I don't wanna walk around on the street wearing hd 280. So any suggestions? I'm mainly looking for isolation and ipod use, but most of them are like bass heavy and I don't really listen to hip hop much. I'm more like a rock, jazz guy. Also, i don't need those 500$ expensive IEM. It's just for isolation and playing along on my ipod. But do they like make ur ears all hot and fall off ur ear?

Back