New Drum Room!

Solaris

Silver Member
So, after a few weekend of hard work, me and my dad finally finished my new drum room.

We built a new room on one side of my parent's garage, putting soundproof batting in the walls and ceiling, as well as soundboard gip rock. The interior still needs some foam on the walls to deaden the inside (it's a reverb tunnel at the moment), but apart from that it's good to go!

Did my first practice session in it yesterday and took a few snaps. Once the interior is finished off I'll put some more photos up.

New additions to kit are: El Negro cowbells (Bella and ChaBella models) and a DW 14x7 X-Shell maple snare (Aztec Gold to Black Burst with Black Nickel hardware).

Attachments

• DSC_0179.JPG
    DSC_0179.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 4,980
  • DSC_0184.JPG
    DSC_0184.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 2,418
Nice! What are the sizes of the room (in metric numbers please) and what have you put on the floor for isolation?

Those are some pretty snappy looking drums! I'm not a fan of DW lugs, but the gold on black looks great. I like the roto tom as well.

I hope you enjoy your new practice room!

Are you a fan of Steve Judd by chance? Your setup looks quite similar. :)

Great looking kit as always, can't wait to see more pictures of the room when it's completed!

-Jonathan

I bet your parents are happy :) Have fun with it. Practice your brains out. Take it from an old geaser, time fly's.

Nice set up!
Whats that zildjian cymbal say on the far right?
Have fun playin them drums!

Realy nice set up !!!! i love it !

Thanks for the comments guys!

The room is about 3.5m x 2m. On the floor is some heavy duty carpet and then my drum mat on top of that. I'm thinking about getting some shagpile in here and see how that goes.

My kit's pretty Steve Judd inspired at the moment Pass.of.E.r.a. - really digging the roto tom, awesome for spicy up filling and putting in accents.

Mapex Maniac - that cymbal is actually a stack. On the bottom is a 20" Bosphorus Traditonal china with an 18" A Custom Projection crash on top. They're both cracked and stacked together they give out some wicked industrial-esque white-noise. I also use that crash as the bottom hat for a pair of 18" 'fat hats' that I play around with sometimes. Think Steve Jordan/JJ Johnson/Ronnie Vannucci, they all use big hats.

Wow I just noticed.... do you have that cluster of 4 cymbals on your right all on one tripod?

You'll have to give us a full spec review and picture fest pretty soon here. :)

-Jonathan

Wow I just noticed.... do you have that cluster of 4 cymbals on your right all on one tripod?

You'll have to give us a full spec review and picture fest pretty soon here. :)

-Jonathan

dw hardware goodness for you :) Would be interested in some more room specs Solaris, i am also building a room within our shed out the back, im having issues with the floor at the moment, did you insulate it at all ?

Back