Roland TD-4 Rim Clicks

KyleCooley

I have a Roland TD-4 electronic drum kit, and one of the songs I want to play has rim clicks in it. However, I can't seem to figure out how to produce that sound on the kit. I know how to do a rimshot (hitting the head and rim simultaneously) and I can produce that sound on the kit, but I want just a rim click (hitting only the rim while resting the base of the stick on the snare head). Can someone help me figure out how to do this? Thanks.

Not sure but I think you hit the rim and program the sound you want and that's it . For get about resting the stick on the other side. ( crosstick) of the rim. Just hit the rim with the butt of the stick and leave the back side not resting on the rim.

You need to switch on Xstick. Menu item 2, scroll down and you will find it somewhere. To save time you can create different kits, some with xstick on (like the brushes kit) others off.

I turned on Xstick, but when I hit the rim it just sounds like a much quieter snare drum sound. Am I doing something wrong?

Well there's not much you can do wrong. Does it sound the same for every kit? If yes, then that's your cross stick sound and it sounds like it sounds, sorry :)

I turned on Xstick, but when I hit the rim it just sounds like a much quieter snare drum sound. Am I doing something wrong?

You need to be using a pad that supports dual-zone triggering, like the PDX-8, PD-85R, PD-105, PD-120/5, etc.. In the menu somewhere, try turning off Head/Rim Link and assigning a rim click sound to the Rim. Also try fiddling with the Rim Gain and Xstick Threshold (in the menus somewhere).

Back