Love My Trick Pro I-V

wormtownpaul

I just wanted everyone out there to know how much I love my Trick Pro I-V pedal. Yes, it's expensive, but I picked mine up on ebay at a decent price. It's truly fantastic. I
know that metal players/speed demons love the pedal. That's great. That is NOT my style. I play funk, latin, blues, old style r&b, and it's hands down the best pedal I've ever used.
It comes down to this. If you used to love Speed Kings and never felt fully comfortable with Camco/DW cam driven pedals, then this is the pedal for you. Like the old Speed King, it is a direct drive pedal. So is the Yamaha Flying Dragon, which I've been using. But unlike the Flyinig Dragon and like the Speed King, the spring setup is an internally housed compression spring. These two factors make a big difference. And because of the high quality of design, and 50 years worth of technological improvements, it feels like a speed king, but plays much better than one. Another nice point about it is that it is infintely variable, but in a way that can be measured. Adjusting this pedal is really a quesion of fine tuning it, not sort of a hit or miss approach that I feel like I'm doing with so many other pedals. This is a true winner guys. Recommend it highly.

Sounds good. For the reference this is a picture of the thing:

pro1vdoubleap222006.jpg

I have a Eliminator, so I am settled in the High End pedal range, but I am curious about this pedal. It certainly looks expensive.

Does it hit hard?

Because I know I could never get any pedal that I own hit as hard as my Iron Cobra Powerglides, even my Axis pedals don't hit as hard (but you can bring the beater back, which I'm doing now)

Does it hit hard?

Because I know I could never get any pedal that I own hit as hard as my Iron Cobra Powerglides, even my Axis pedals don't hit as hard (but you can bring the beater back, which I'm doing now)

The default configuration doesn't hit very hard, but that can be changed.

Since I was offered the artist price, I am going to get a set of the bigfoot v2 twin pedals. I am looking forward to playing them in january...along with my new kit.

Back