Video recording E Kit covers

Martinlfb

Hi guys, wondered if anyone could help me with this.
I want to upload some videos of me jamming to some CD tracks on my Yamaha DTX kit. I am going to purchase a USB mixer (probably a Behringer Xenyx) so the stereo outs of my DTX will go straight into that (it also has 4 x XLRs for future recording of my acoustic kit). I have two queries that I can't get my head around however:
1. I want to try and record the video just with the laptop's built-in webcam if I can.
2. I want to play along to tracks and mix both audio sources together and sync with the video.
How would I set this up to record the video and audio whilst simultaneously playing and recording the backing track?
What (ideally free) software will I need?

Thanks for any help/advice
Cheers
Martin

If you're willing to part with some cash for a Zoom Q3 HD camera, I've found that's the easiest way to record vids when using e-drums (and no need to synch up video and audio as it's all recorded at once).
I simply plug in a cable from the "Line In" input of the camera to the headphone input on my module then dial in a good mix of the song playing on the iPod with the e-drums and it's done.

Back