INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hello, just joined Drummerworld per recommendation of some instructors. Here is a quick bit of information about me:
Name: Chris
Time playing: 5 years
Origin of name: Favorite make of cymbals.
Top 5 drummers: Max Roach, Ari Hoenig, Frankie Dunlop, John Hollenbeck, and Mel Lewis.
Drumkit: Ludwig/Gretsch
Cymbals: Istanbul Agop rides(SE Jazz and Epoch), Agop Sig Hats, assorted Zildjian crashes, and Sabian AA Dry Ride.
Practicing: At home and school, usually 1.5-2hrs per day.
Bands: In school ensembles and a pop/jazz/John Mayer type band.
Covers or originals: Covers, standards and some of my bad arrangements.
Favorite take out: Panda Express

Hey folks - it's high time I joined this forum :)

Name: Dave MacLeod
Time playing: 15 years
Top 5 drummers: Colaiuta, Todd Sucherman, Chris Coleman, Teddy Campbell, Dave DiCenso
Drumkit: Mapex Meridian Birch, Black Panther "Vavona Burl"
Cymbals: all Turkish, except Meinl hats
Practicing: every day, sometimes brief, sometimes hours
Bands: many over the years, currently church band
Covers or originals: both
Favorite take out: McDonalds
Odd fact: I used to own the most beautiful DW kit in the world, and I sold it!

Hi guys, its Dan!!!

Hi, my name is Daniel,i'm a 31 years old hobby-drummer.I'm a Hungarian guy,but i've been living in the UK for 7 years.I started to play drums when i was child, about 12 years old, When i moved to the UK i decided to finish the drumming,couse that was too loud:)I started to practice on guitar.
About 2 years before i bought an electric drumkit becouse i really missed that feeling:))
Now i have 2 bands,and i made some videos from my favorite bands,songs.I would like to know what do you think about them,and i wllcome any suggestions:)
I would like to develop my skills,techniques, and i also would like to practice English,and maybe find some new friends:)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLj...DvjVQa1PpcFO7aTxDfHgBDvDQyX1FimbFYllZA4TpuoQ=

That is my chanel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Daniel19800616/videos

And here is my band's song, our name is "KLAKK"
The name is "Get Up"(Recorded at home in the garage,with Roland td4 and EZDrummer)

http://soundcloud.com/daniel-csokmei/get-up-song

I play on Yamaha stage custom,with evans ec2 heads.
Evans Emad on the bassdrum.
Paiste alpha 14 hats,and iron cobra pedal...
The other cymbals are not really good stuffs,sabian b8pro,but i would like to change them...

Thank you for reading, and watching:)))

Daniel Csokmei

Re: Hi guys, its Dan!!!

Hi Dan!
Welcome to the brotherhood and enjoy this amazing forum. There are few Magyars on the site!
Cheers...

Welcome Dan! Lots of great guys here :) I like your groove vibe = nice. Stick around & join in the discussions. Great to have you here :)

Thank you, yes i think i 'll come often in here:))This site is really big, and i can't wait to discover it.
Best wishes: Cheers Dan

Hi guys, thought it was time to stop lurking and sign in.

Name: Spesman
Time playing: 35 years
Origin of name: Old School Nickname
Top 5 drummers: Stewart Copeland, Nicko McBrain, Mike "Puffy" Bourdin, Vinnie Paul & Dave Grohl.
Drumkit: Tama Rockstar 10", 12", 14", 22" & 14x5
Cymbals: Paiste 802's 14", 2x16", 18", 20" & Wuhan 18" China
Practicing: Whenever I can.
Bands: Many. Mostly rock and metal.
Covers or originals: Both.

Hello all......

Hi everyone...just to use a little etiquette before I go posting elsewhere, allow me to introduce myself...

I am Fishbone Stretch, you can call me me either/or....or the whole handle.

I recently got back into drumming after a 20 year abstinence and wish I'd never stopped. Currently playing in a band in Thame, Oxfordshire doing small pub gigs for the time being until we get a name for ourselves and then we'll move on to bigger and better things.

Have electronic kit which is great for the smaller venues but also have the same acoustic kit which I owned 20 years ago and have been refurbishing with new skins, cymbals and extra cymbals and bits.....

I host and contribute to too many other forums to count but hope I can make a worthwhile contribution here although my posts may be fairly infrequent.

I'm learning all the time but hope I can count on you all for a little help and advice.

Fishbone Stretch

Re: Hello all......

Well welcome to Drummerworld. And now, down to business. Pictures. We love eye candy. Show us your tubs. And pads, as the case seems to be.​

Re: Hello all......

Welcome indeed friend. Always a pleasure meeting new members.
Geez Harry, Whats with the avatar? :)

Hey, What's UP?

Hey....The name's Bandaid, yea people actually call me that, or B.A lol....I've been lurking around this site for a WHILE so i figured I might as well join...

I'm 24 from Philly and have been wanting to play drums since i was 6 but was forced to play piano for 7 years lol...Then i picked up a guitar (4 years)...Now I have my place and and Gretsch Catalina fusion kit I bought off CL and I honestly don't care if I ever pick up another instrument again in my life lol....Ive been playing for 2 months, I only know one song lol (Sober by Tool) and I jam a lot with friends...I hope i can afford to take a lesson or two one day....Until then this site is as close as it gets.....Would be cool to jam with a few of you guys n gals lol....Ok Im done babbling ...^_^

Re: Hey, What's UP?

Welcome to the addiction! :). Please post pics of your kit if you can...we love seeing what everyone's got.

Fantastic groove my friend! I've subscribed to your channel

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you're gonna have a lot of fun here and learn a lot of stuff, I sure did and still do. Where did you study in the U.K.?

Hope you're well,

Kev

Hi Kev,thank you for your subscribe:)))
I live in Horsham(next to Brighton),but i did not really study anywhere...I just play what i heard on the cd:)
My plan is that i want to enroll in a school soon,maybe an internet course...
Where did u study?I have no idea, where can i find a good teacher.

Cheers:Dan

Hello,
I just joined Drummerworld.

Name: Daniel Prait
Time playing: 5 years
Top drummers: Gergő Borlai, Jojo Mayer, Aaron Spears, Emmanuelle Caplette, and many other.
Drumkit: Tama Superstar Custom Hyper drive (MNS) 10×6,5", 16×14", 22×20" & 12×6,5 Custom Snare by Gustavito Drums
Cymbals: Sabian HH 13" Bright hat, Sabian AA 17" Thin Crash, Sabian HH 18" Thin Crash, Sabian AA 8" China Splash, Sabian HH 20" Rock Ride, Sabian AAX 22" Omni Ride, Sabian HH 16" China.
Bands: Ynnum (progressive rock, http://www.facebook.com/Ynnum)
Covers or originals: Originals

Back