Dubstep!

LukeSnyder

Gold Member
I posted this in my drum video thread, but since its not really drum related, I think it would probably be better if I put it over here!

I just put up a little dubstep demo tune that I'm working on, I'm in the process of learning how to program wobble basses. Its a lot of fun, and I'm making progress! If you're into dubstep, check this out and let me know what you think:

http://soundcloud.com/lukesnydermusic/luke-snyder-dubstep-test

This isn't bad at all.

There's a member here (by the name of Tutin) who is a really excellent Dubstep producer. He goes under the name of 'Teklo' in those circles. Had his stuff played on a national radio station (BBC Radio 1) a few months back. It's good stuff.

Don't mind me some dubstep, I'm more into the cross-over mellower stuff where dub elements get mixed with liquid or trip hop. Mt Eden are probably a good example.

Wasn't bad Luke, you need to crank up the bass drum though and make the beat a bit thicker.

I posted a comment on the page, under my bands page. I want a copy of the final full edit! haha I will pay :p

TM

Awesome, thanks for the copy, and right on, that'll motivate me to actually work on it, I was pretty much just messing around. haha.

This isn't bad at all.

There's a member here (by the name of Tutin) who is a really excellent Dubstep producer. He goes under the name of 'Teklo' in those circles. Had his stuff played on a national radio station (BBC Radio 1) a few months back. It's good stuff.

Cool, I'll have to get ahold of him, thanks for the heads up!

Don't mind me some dubstep, I'm more into the cross-over mellower stuff where dub elements get mixed with liquid or trip hop. Mt Eden are probably a good example.

Wasn't bad Luke, you need to crank up the bass drum though and make the beat a bit thicker.

The kind of crossover stuff that I dig the most is the djent/metal/dubstep stuff, like The Algorithm. Once my 8 string arrives... :D

I agree on the bass drum comment completely, its getting changed in the next mix. I actually had all of the drums running on a single track for the sake of quickness, thats changing soon, haha.

The kind of crossover stuff that I dig the most is the djent/metal/dubstep stuff, like The Algorithm. Once my 8 string arrives... :D

I agree on the bass drum comment completely, its getting changed in the next mix. I actually had all of the drums running on a single track for the sake of quickness, thats changing soon, haha.

Haha, you listen to The Algorithm? No joke man, me too, so obscure though at the moment (I doubt he will be for long). Antikythera Mechanism is absolute ear secs. The guy is leading dub and djent at the moment on the heavier side of things in my books.

I look forward to hearing it with some meaty bass man, good dub needs to give you heart palpitations on max.

Haha, you listen to The Algorithm? No joke man, me too, so obscure though at the moment (I doubt he will be for long). Antikythera Mechanism is absolute ear secs. The guy is leading dub and djent at the moment on the heavier side of things in my books.

I look forward to hearing it with some meaty bass man, good dub needs to give you heart palpitations on max.

Rémi Gallego is a beast :D I agree, that tune is amazing! There's nothing like listening to it cranked up with a sub, it makes me feel like I'm listening to the final evolution of music or something!

I'm going to try to get some work done on it today, the wobbles are going to be less bitcrushed, I'm going to get more sub bass in them, and the drums are getting completely reworked. Fun times :D

Rémi Gallego is a beast :D I agree, that tune is amazing! There's nothing like listening to it cranked up with a sub, it makes me feel like I'm listening to the final evolution of music or something!

I'm going to try to get some work done on it today, the wobbles are going to be less bitcrushed, I'm going to get more sub bass in them, and the drums are getting completely reworked. Fun times :D

I find that style of music definitely suits a certain mood, it accompanies multiplayer shooters perfectly.

Back