Looking for a Yamaha clamp

TonyAncheta

Anyone out there have a Yamaha clamp, part number HSAT-924, they can do without? If so, I'm looking.

Description: It is made of three pieces as: two saddle clamps which tighten with a drum key, and a 3/8" steel rod about 8" long. The clamps slide along the rod to the desired spread and then lock down with a set screw. It is used to attach the pedal assy. of the Yamaha cable hi hat to the existing stationary hi hat.

Tony Ancheta

Last edited:
Hi drummerdude,

That's not it; a parrallel clamp way too bulky for the chore and offers zero adjustment.

On the Yamaha website, when you look up the WHS-860 Hi Hat, there is a photo of the clamp I want ... and there is a part number (HSAT-924) which leads back to a notice 'Discontinued Item.' I imagine that it went away when the Hi Hat went away, but I was hoping someone might have on in ther gear bag or on a shelf collecting dust.

I guess I do have the option of using a tie plate like the one Yamaha currently uses to conjoin the double bass pedal to the hi hat ... then its only the matter of drilling some holes. But I remain hopeful sombody here has one they can let go.

Tony Ancheta

Hi drummerdude,

That's not it; a parrallel clamp way too bulky for the chore and offers zero adjustment.

On the Yamaha website, when you look up the WHS-860 Hi Hat, there is a photo of the clamp I want ... and there is a part number (HSAT-924) which leads back to a notice 'Discontinued Item.' I imagine that it went away when the Hi Hat went away, but I was hoping someone might have on in ther gear bag or on a shelf collecting dust.

I guess I do have the option of using a tie plate like the one Yamaha currently uses to conjoin the double bass pedal to the hi hat ... then its only the matter of drilling some holes. But I remain hopeful sombody here has one they can let go.

Tony Ancheta

Yea all I know to tell you is to keep looking on the internet or maybe another company makes a similar clamp. You can also try to call Yamaha and see if they can locate one. If you can put a picture of what your talking about I'll try to help you find one.

yamaha_hihat_stand_attachment_hsat920_drum_stands.jpg.375x375_q85.jpg

This product is diacontinued for a while. Best is to find new old stock or from eBay.

Hi drummerdude,

All the usuals (GC, MF, SA) have it in their catalog, none have it in stock. I contacted Yamaha to hear what they have to say about future availability. If I can't get it off the shelf, I can always build one out of some 1/2 x 2 aluminum bar stock, a short length of SS rod, and a few cut down tension rods. But I am hoping that Yamaha will come through with a positive answer.

I would like to thank all who have tried to help me find this discontinued part, your efforts are very much appreciated.

Tony Ancheta

Back