Need Help!!double kick and hi hat pedal cramped..

bog_72

OK so its my first double pedal,I just got it today.Problem I have is,my left pedal on the kick and the hi hat pedal just dont seem to want to co-exist.
I wish I had a picture,but basically,the hi hat has three legs,and one wants to go right where that double kick is.

Now if I move it away,the hats become kinda far away.Am I screwed?My best guess is that they make hi hat stands strictly with this in mind.Oh yea,im a total noob by the way.
Is there a trick?Or am I looking at a new stand,or some type of mod to let the pedals hang together?

The way I have it now,the leg of the hi hat stand,is actually hovering over the top of the pedal.My foot fits in there,but is a bit trapped.
So If move it away,and either the hat pedal is too far back,or just too far off to the left.

I was so stoked,any advise?

OK so its my first double pedal,I just got it today.Problem I have is,my left pedal on the kick and the hi hat pedal just dont seem to want to co-exist.
I wish I had a picture,but basically,the hi hat has three legs,and one wants to go right where that double kick is.

Now if I move it away,the hats become kinda far away.Am I screwed?My best guess is that they make hi hat stands strictly with this in mind.Oh yea,im a total noob by the way.
Is there a trick?Or am I looking at a new stand,or some type of mod to let the pedals hang together?

The way I have it now,the leg of the hi hat stand,is actually hovering over the top of the pedal.My foot fits in there,but is a bit trapped.
So If move it away,and either the hat pedal is too far back,or just too far off to the left.

I was so stoked,any advise?

Double pedal, or double bass? Solutions to both I guess.

If it's a double pedal, your legs should be able to rotate? I think almost every stand does this.

If not check out something like a Pearl Eliminator stand. They only have two legs, and are fairly cheap!

Hey Bog,

I use both a double bass drum set up, AND a double bass pedal for the right side bass drum at the same time. (I use a left bass drum so as to have a deep boom to compliment the right bass drum)

The rotating hi-hat legs work for me- I just took out the base screw on the hi-hat stand, and voila- it turns both directions! When playing double bass drums, I use a thingie that clamps to the hi-hat stand pole (about 20" from the floor) and it clamps onto the right bass drum upper hoop- the legs of the hi-hat get folded up, parallel to the hi-hat pole.

Hope that helps,
C. P.

Attachments

• GARMO and virus Feb 2010 015.jpg
    GARMO and virus Feb 2010 015.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 6,742
Hey thanks everyone!!

Unfortunately,my stand doesnt rotate at all.Its an entry level pdp hardware set,and its all riveted where there would be any screws.

I even tied the hi hat stand firmly to the left kick pedal,which did work,but was a little flimsy.

Looks like ill be squeezing my foot in there,at least until I can get a two legged stand.

Thanks again everyone!!

Hey thanks everyone!!

Unfortunately,my stand doesnt rotate at all.Its an entry level pdp hardware set,and its all riveted where there would be any screws.

I even tied the hi hat stand firmly to the left kick pedal,which did work,but was a little flimsy.

Looks like ill be squeezing my foot in there,at least until I can get a two legged stand.

Thanks again everyone!!

I know that feeling... I had to do it for quite some time. Honestly you could find a way to do a custom job. Saw, pop out one of the rivets, loosen some screws, break the leg, etc. Do what you gotta do till you get that nice stand. Too bad I'm not closer in upgrades to getting my newer Elim or I'd send mine your way ;)

Back