bass pedal suggestions

yjb63

since I live in PEI (Canada) and we dont have any good music stores here I decided to hold out on buying a pedal until I got to Halifax (also Canada).

so my question is: What is the best single pedal that I can get for under 250?

And If there's anybody on here who lives in the halifax region, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me some good music stores around there and where they are.

thanks

There are many pedals in your price range that are excellent. It is best that you try different ones before you purchase. I tried several last year and I settled on the Iron Cobra. My previous pedal was a 35 year old Ludwig Speed King which I still use on my practice pad kit. The problem is that what is good for me may not be as good for you. The Cobra that I liked was less expensive than many others that I tried.

thanks, I'll definitely have to try out alot of stuff there in my price rrange before I decide what one's the best for me.

If you can find a good price the PDP B.O.A. pedal is fantastic. I think it's the smoothest pedal on the market, fantastic feel. It's not the most popular pedal though, so hopefully a music store in Halifax will have one.

Hi!

I'm looking for a new single pedal, because the one I'm currently using does... "stuttering(?)".

I'm looking for something with a tight, heavy feel (I hate pedals with "too light" feeling), but still with very good response and speed (not speed metal, or anything!!!).
I simply like the feeling that there is a pedal under my feet, like its "glued to my shoe", but the pedal still does what I want, when I want.

So far, I'm considering 3 models, but I'm open for any helpful suggestions!
- Yamaha FP 9315 (or 9500) chain or direct drive, don't know yet
- DW 8000 or 5000 (accelerator or turbo, don't know yet)
- Pearl Eliminator

I'd love to go to a Guitar Center and try them out, but I reside in Hungary, where we have only limited options (a few types of Gibraltar, IC, Pearl, but no DW or Yamaha). Luckily, my friend is visiting his uncle in the States, so he'd get me one I want. Budget is around 200 dollars.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks in advance!
Matthew

Back