Portable Drum Set < Please Help >

Jonas.M

Hello Drummers around the world ..

My drumming addiction started 2 years ago , I used to have drum sticks and keep drumming on every solid flat I see , I didn't practice the drums , I just used to have fun with the sticks !
However 5 months ago , I started the pad training routine , Every day I practiced 2-3 hours
it felt good and I feel like it's time to reach a new level , I got sick of the sound of the Yamaha pad and the sound of my pillow as a tom tom and my couch as a snare and my bag as a hit hat !!

THE QUESTION :
I want a portable drum set because I travel a lot , and my budget is 400$ MAX !!
I wanted to buy the Ymaha DD-65 , but when I tried it , the double strokes sucked on it !!
and the sound wasn't satisfying at all !
So I need something similar , something that still can be useful in the future when I reach a high level ..
Thank you in advance : )

The simmons sdxpress compact might be an option for you. They're only $250. I've never played one, nor am I a fan of electric drums, but in your situation these might be a good option. If not, guitar center has a 15 or 30 day return policy, depending on the item. Utilize it! LoL

The simmons sdxpress compact might be an option for you. They're only $250. I've never played one, nor am I a fan of electric drums, but in your situation these might be a good option. If not, guitar center has a 15 or 30 day return policy, depending on the item. Utilize it! LoL

Thanks dear , But I didn't like it : ( , It's small and sounds stupid comparing to KAT KT1,KT2
do you advise me with the Roland TD-4KP ???
Thanks

Try out the spd30 octapad. I've seen them go used for around $400 on eBay. I still enjoy playing mine.

Thanks man , It's a really cool set , but it seems complicated to me and you can't move your hands like you do with the ordinary drum set formation : (

Thanks man , It's a really cool set , but it seems complicated to me and you can't move your hands like you do with the ordinary drum set formation : (

It's not really confusing once you play with it. As for getting the feel of an actual kit, you'd need to spend a bit more to add an external hh/k/sn. The Roland TD4kp seems like what you're looking for but they're alot more($800) than your budget allows.

As stated earlier by Bo.... You need more money.

check out a used Yamaha DTX500. they're a tad more than $400 used nor are they the most portable, but it may be closest to what you're looking for in your range.

good luck.

Thank you friend , I actually saved some extra money ! my budget now is around 2500$ and I'm looking for an electronic drum set with an actual feel , you know it has the same feeling as the acoustic one !

I know many drummer would disagree with the term "acoustic feel" but I mean in my case that it has the same rebound sense , like the Roland TD 15KV , so what do you advice me to buy ???
Thank you

Is there some reason you're not considering an acoustic set?

Yes there is , first I live with roommates in collage , so drumming with an acoustic set would be a suicide !! :p
Secondly , I guess an electric set would be good in my situation because I want it for practicing in number one and as long as it gives me a variety of sounds , I don't have to switch and add components to my set , I can practice/play any style with it .

I know that it won't feel the same , after all the acoustic set is the true instrument of the drummer , but it wont fit me very well currently : )

Thank you for replaying !

You can get quality used gear well withing your range.

All you need for the acoustic feel is pads with mesh heads.

My advice is always, Roland/used[/QUOTE

Mmmmm , well I would like to save some money and buy a used one , but as an electric drums , don't you think it's a bad thing to do ?! because if it's used , it might has lost its quality and more , it has an age an sensitivity range , right ?

Back