Your favorite live concert

Foo Fighters in Helsinki, Finland 26th of June 2011. The weather should had been rainy but it was clear and sunny. And as you might know the Sun will not set here in that time of the year so the atmosphere was unbeliveable! My favourite concert so far.

Here's a picture I captured from Dave Grohl. Mind you that the time was 9:30 pm!

Attachments

• DSC01888.jpg
    DSC01888.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
I went to many great concerts: Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Guns n' Roses, Sebastian Bach, and more..

But the best is yet to come...

FOO FIGHTERS in Argentina, at the legendary River Plate Stadium.

11012012023.jpg

o_seleccion_de_chile_copa_america_2011-3020430.jpg

April 3rd and 4th.. I'm going to both.
I still can't believe it. That is going to be just ·$%&/ing out of this world.

Foo Fighters in Helsinki, Finland 26th of June 2011. The weather should had been rainy but it was clear and sunny. And as you might know the Sun will not set here in that time of the year so the atmosphere was unbeliveable! My favourite concert so far.

Here's a picture I captured from Dave Grohl. Mind you that the time was 9:30 pm!

WOW man, we posted at the same time! I can't believe I'm seeing the Foos live!! What song did they open with?? The Pretender??

Shit, I'm so excited. I own all of their albums, dvd's, blurays and I even though I don't have a vinyl player, I also own a vinyl, just for collection's sake.

WOW man, we posted at the same time! I can't believe I'm seeing the Foos live!! What song did they open with?? The Pretender??

Shit, I'm so excited. I own all of their albums, dvd's, blurays and I even though I don't have a vinyl player, I also own a vinyl, just for collection's sake.

Yeah, nice coincidence! They opened with "Bridge Burning". That caused some cold shivers!

Von Herzen Brothers, Biffy Clyro and Michael Monroe were the warm-up bands. Michael Monroe was a beast. Really liked his band's show as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, nice coincidence! They opened with "Bridge Burning". That caused some cold shivers!

Von Herzen Brothers, Biffy Clyro and Michael Monroe were the warm-up bands. Michael Monroe was a beast. Really liked that their show as well.

OH MAN !!!

The opening acts on this shows are: Arctic Monkeys, MGMT, Band Of Horses, Crosses, TV on the Radio and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

I read that the Foo's show is around 2 hours and a half long, is that right?? :)

David Bowie
King Crimson
ELP
Peter Frampton
Genesis
Nickelback (yea, that's right I said Nickelback)
The Who
Tony Bennett

Would have really dug seeing Rush or P.Floyd or Zepp obviously..but I'm a youngen'

Best shows (most seen multiple times) but these guys always put on a GREAT show:

Radiohead (took me a long time to appreciate their music and then I became addicted!)
Porcupine Tree
Neurosis(number 1 favorite band...ever)
Modest Mouse(great live!)
CAT POWER(almost forgot that one..I love her voice)
The Flaming Lips

Quite the spread..

SO many more to see..and I'm probably forgetting a lot as well.

OH MAN !!!

The opening acts on this shows are: Arctic Monkeys, MGMT, Band Of Horses, Crosses, TV on the Radio and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

I read that the Foo's show is around 2 hours and a half long, is that right?? :)

If my memory serves me right the Foo show lasted here for even longer. I think they started to play at 7:50 pm and finished somewhere around 10:30 pm. They had rather long encore :)

If my memory serves me right the Foo show lasted here for even longer. I think they started to play at 7:50 pm and finished somewhere around 10:30 pm. They had rather long encore :)

WOW, awesome!! I hope I make it alive!!! Haha.

Thanks for your insight man, you left me all pumped up, lol. :)

Cheers!!

Some of my faves:

My very first show ever - Dio, Deep Purple, Scorpions. This was a little over 10 years ago I believe, I was around 14-15. Saw Heaven and Hell on the Metal Masters tour as well (Priest, H&H, Motorhead)

Judas Priest on the Angel of Retribution tour a few years back. The energy in the crowd was unbelievable.

Metallica on the St Anger tour - Godsmack opening, Metallica did 3 hours of pretty much all old shit, they did most of Ride the Lightning, their best album imo.

Paul McCartney at Fed Ex Field a few years back.

Roger Waters doing DSOFTM - maybe the greatest album ever in its entirety, just awesome.

Would have really dug seeing Rush or P.Floyd or Zepp obviously..but I'm a youngen'

Best shows (most seen multiple times) but these guys always put on a GREAT show:

Radiohead (took me a long time to appreciate their music and then I became addicted!)
Porcupine Tree
Neurosis(number 1 favorite band...ever)
Modest Mouse(great live!)
CAT POWER(almost forgot that one..I love her voice)
The Flaming Lips

Quite the spread..

SO many more to see..and I'm probably forgetting a lot as well.

Ya, I forgot one amazing show, and I doubt anyone here has ever heard of them.

"Sleepytime Gorilla Museum" At the particular show I saw them at, which was also when I discovered them, the bass player used a 10"x6' plank of wood as his bass...setup on saw horses and he would just pound away...really interesting stuff..

Kazue Sawai Koto Ensemble
London Symphony Orchestra feat. Mstislav Rostropovich, Gidon Kremer & Yuri Bashmet
Naked City
Masada
NoMeansNo (ca. 1989)
The Cure
Melvins

Patrice

Probably not popular choices as two of these acts don't have drummers, but my favourite 3 shows of 2011 were:

NOFX @ House of Blues, New Orleans, LA
Ratatat @ MacEwan Hall, Calgary, AB
Sleigh Bells @ Republik, Calgary, AB

Lollapolooza in '93 was good: Tool, Fishbone, RatM, Alice in Chains, and Primus in one show (plus a lot more less notable). Although... I can't seem to remember Fishbone or RatM... but I'm told they were in fact there, it was a long, drunk day. I remember falling asleep in the middle of the main field while Dinosaur Jr. were playing...

Ministry was great, but more so for the opening bands: Sepultura and Helmet (Arise and Meantime era respectively).

Tool in 10k Day tour in 2006 was great.

Opeth two months ago, but I wish I had seen them on the previous tour when they were still a metal band ;)

I've been to loads of gigs over the years. A few stick out as being more impressive than the others.

Nordoff Robins Silver Cleff winners at Knebworth in 1990- incredible line up- Tears for Fears, Status Quo, Cliff Richard and the Shadows ( a real stand out surprise on the day), Phil Collins and Genesis, Clapton, Dire Straits, Paul McCartney and Pink Floyd all on the one bill. Weather was awful all day, queues for the bogs were even worse but we didn't care.

Genesis 1982- Three sides live tour- the last tour they played "Suppers Ready" on, in the UK anyhow, the Collins era band at it's best.

Kiss Sonic Boom Tour 2010- On my gig bucket list for some time, the best gig I've ever seen in terms of showmanship and bang for your buck. One of the least expensive gigs I've been to recently too.

James Taylor- Glasgow Concert Hall, 2004 ( I think)- just a great gig, brilliant playing, great songs and with a superb sound mix.

Probably not popular choices as two of these acts don't have drummers, but my favourite 3 shows of 2011 were:

NOFX @ House of Blues, New Orleans, LA
Ratatat @ MacEwan Hall, Calgary, AB
Sleigh Bells @ Republik, Calgary, AB

Oh man I too saw Ratatat live, though in Cincinnati ...was excellent.

Since yer all shit and nobody bothers to enter photo comps any more I suspect to an entire lack of skillz goad goad then Im making this thread fo you to just post a nice pictar when youve taken it.

Innit.

Off ya go.

Back