Most durable audio cables (headphone extension)

PQleyR

Platinum Member
This is probably the most boring gear recommendation request imaginable, but can someone recommend me a good, durable stereo male-to-female 1/4" jack lead? I need one to plug my in-ears into that's going to last without the connections going, maybe one of those curly ones or something.

Yeah. I was going to buy two anyway but I really don't want one giving out on me halfway through a song...!

I'll definitely come to the LDS if I can, I'd like to come for both days this time since I want to see Jojo play. And because why not!

I don't know if a durable headphone cable exists.

I'd looked, and never found one that is significantly more durable than any other.

But at least here in the USA, I found a place called monoprice that sells cables significantly cheaper than most, so I can at least afford to buy a new cable when the old one inevitably stops working right.

Yeah. I was going to buy two anyway but I really don't want one giving out on me halfway through a song...!

I'll definitely come to the LDS if I can, I'd like to come for both days this time since I want to see Jojo play. And because why not!
Only pulling your leg Ben ;) This year's a special forum LDS year as Larry & Grea are flying in for the event. We're hanging out after the show too. Grea did ask specifically if you were coming. If you're staying over, you can join us on a night of misbehaviour. David is coming in from Germany & Henri too, plus a host of other forum sad bastards (including Duncan, of course). Should be fun :)

Sorry for the hijack.

If any of you are looking for cables, I would suggest WWW . Monoprice. Com. They are extremely well made and very cheap

I build my own.

You will rarely find simple aux equipment that you cant make to a higher quality standard than ANYTHING on the market...

Dosen't take much study to get there....

I got all of my fibre optic and HDMI cables from MonoPrice, 7 of them, heavier than anything from Radio Shack or Best Buy, 4 HDMI and 3 fibre optic for 35.00. I just bought a 15 foot USB extension cable from them for $1.74. Good heavy duty stuff.

This is probably the most boring gear recommendation request imaginable, but can someone recommend me a good, durable stereo male-to-female 1/4" jack lead? I need one to plug my in-ears into that's going to last without the connections going, maybe one of those curly ones or something.

In this case, it's not the wire that is the problem, it's your connections. 1/4" connections will always go bad on you on a day you absolutely need it, so I would recommend making your own and using better connectors. For my gig, my trusty technicians have modified the connection for my Shure SE315 in ear monitors to mini-XLR. Once put together, they lock together, but are less than half the size of a regular-sized XLR connector. I suggest learning how to wire this up and just changing out your connectors.

Whenever I buy a cable, I go to my local Guitar Center, and pickup a Monster Cable. Always one with gold plated connections, as well. It makes a big difference in sound quality.

Why do I always buy them from Guitar Center?

As much as I would rather buy them elsewhere, I can rest assured that, if it ever shorts, I can take it into my local Guitar Center, and they will give me a new one, on the spot, no questions asked.

Can't beat a lifetime warranty, thought I've never had to use it. Two of my Monsters, I've had for a few years. They've been soaked in spilled beer, I've played shows in flooded basements with them, and everything in between, and I've never had a single issue with them.

You may not find exactly what you need in store, but I'd be shocked if Monster didn't make one of those

..my trusty technicians have modified the connection for my Shure SE315 in ear monitors to mini-XLR..

Great mod choice Bo!

Back