ThePloughmans Drums

2002s were made for Rock.
I play gospel, in church and with a couple different Gospel groups, and sit in occasionally with a small country /blues group. They kind of cross the line. A lot of brush work in some of that.
As for the 2002s, they are great in the kind of music I play. I love their sound.

I got to say Ploughman, that that set of Ayotte's is one of the most beautiful sets of drums on which I have laid eyes. I want a set of Ayottes. Given their price tag, I am going to have to sell a house (which I am trying to do right now in fact) in order to afford my new set. BTW, I am currently playing a set of Gretsch Catalina Ash's and I am thrilled with their sound. However, I know the Ayotte's are quite a leap upward in quality and overall sound.

i second the compliment on them ayottes. they sound fantastic!

RE chungiemunchin:
I want a set of Ayottes. Given their price tag, I am going to have to sell a house (which I am trying to do right now in fact) in order to afford my new set.

-not necessarily true. given the state of the company now, many people are/have gotten rid of the kits for cheap. i picked up my '92s for dirt cheap off craigslist. keep your eyes peeled!

Thank you for the compliments.

I sold the Ayottes a couple months ago. I got break even money for them. I would have like to have had more, but, given the state of the economy, selling them off at their real value proved impossible. On any given day, I could get substantially closer to value for one of the Rogers sets. I did play them nine years for free.

And I kept the snare drum.

They were very nice drums to play, quality was beyond excellent, and they played closer to that vintage sound than anything Ive heard. My problem with the Ayottes came down to never liking the 10 inch deep 12. And replacement parts are impossible to come by.

Selling them funded a couple nice purchases, including a Rogers 1983 Superten that belonged to Gina Schock of The Go-Gos, and a 1984 Dynasonic that belonged to Doug Clifford of CCR.

Gina Schock Superten
2754678440028342110S600x600Q85.jpg

1984 Rogers XP8 set I swiped on ebay for 400.00 two years ago. 18, 12, 13, 14 ft. All factory set.
2851758910028342110S600x600Q85.jpg

In all, its been a good year.

ThePloughman.

Back