beater hitting foot

drumr_102

I know a lot of people have had this problem and I know how to fix it to a certain extent, but the pedal plays the best when I have it in this position and I don't want to tweak it, but I'm also getting bruises and contusions (or at least a swollen foot) from the beater.

Right now the beater is at a 45 degree angle and the spring is pretty loose. I have the iron cobra powerglide pedal and I'm not using that weight that comes with it. I can't think of any other information... Maybe it's the design of the powerglide part?

Either bring the beater forward a bit or sit farther back man. Thats really all there's to it.

If I move the beater further forward it doesn't get much return and just feels kind of weak. I can't really see how sitting back would change anything. It's not hitting my ankle or shin. It's coming all the way around and hitting the top of my foot.

Maybe if you move it forward and tighten the spring it wont feel weak.

I'll have to try that. It's odd because I never put the beater that far back until this pedal, so I figure I've done something different

Okay. Thanks I'll work on that

I have my beater back further than 45 degrees, and it smacks my foot sometimes, but I wear shoes so it's not really an issue. I'd try using the beater weight and moving the beater forward just a notch, the extra weight should compensate for the drop in 'swing' from what you were previously getting.

It's all within the adjustements of the footboard angle, the beater angle and height and the spring tension.

Also, you might place your foot too high on the footboard, the sweet spot is at 2/3 or 3/4 up from the bottom.

Just experiment with the setting and you should be fine...

Most pedals allow the beaters to be moved horizontally. Try moving the beater along a little. It doesn`t change the feel or power; just where the beater strikes the head and it means when it comes back, it shouldn`t hit your foot.

So you like having the travel distance with a long arc length. Well, a simple solution would be to lower the front of the bass drum and raise the back, thereby lifting the pedal as well.

Even though it is unusual, and take some work to set up so it is stable it will solve your problem.

i have my beater pretty far back on my speed cobras, and when i was adjusting to them (played on dw9000'sbefore that, also had beaters far back they didn't have this problem) its all a matter of technique... just control your foot and don't allow for a beater to come back and hit you

That's the exact same thought I had.

Back