New Tama SpeedCobra pedal

I'm considering purchasing a new single pedal,seen the new "speed cobra",I guess it's
Tamas' answer to the Pearl Demon. Anybody got one yet?

They're not out yet.

...but I got to play one. Long story short? it's a great pedal, and it IS a longboard, it just has a heel plate as well for some reason.

I'm considering purchasing a new single pedal,seen the new "speed cobra",I guess it's
Tamas' answer to the Pearl Demon. Anybody got one yet?

I think it's not answer to Demon. Because Demon is direct drive.
It's more like move to longboards. So basically it's the same IronCobra but just with longer board.

It looks really cool,but the footboard isn't very wide,I tend to bounce my heel off the footboard near the hinge, a longboard may be useful.

The entire pedal seems lighter in weight than one of their Iron Cobra Power Glides. It really didn't interest me enough to play it.

Dennis

The entire pedal seems lighter in weight than one of their Iron Cobra Power Glides. It really didn't interest me enough to play it.

Dennis

Probably because of it being all silver/aluminum colored.
Black does make the others seem "heavier".

I'm interested in at least trying it, and I like the all silver look.

Wish more pedals were like that--like the old Speed King, and the Camco's.

Just weird that they bring it out, but don't release it for months and months.

I still like the IC Flexi, & the coil spring on the bottom makes a difference from the Flexi I used to have.

Karl
I have the IC pwrglide,whats your opinion for straps vs.chains? A fellow drummer has a flexiglide and wants a powerglide,I considered a trade,but I've never played a strap drive before.

They're not out yet.

...but I got to play one. Long story short? it's a great pedal, and it IS a longboard, it just has a heel plate as well for some reason.

Isn't the idea of a longboard kind of the elimination of the heel plate?

i played on axis's.. after getting speed cobra's im not switching back to axis's.

Are you sure what you got are the new 'SPEED COBRAS', the ones that aren't even released yet, or is it the standard black face IRON COBRA'S?

the speed cobra's.. i mean the box it came in says speed cobra, and they're silver long boards.

and they are released here in australia.

How about a video or pics and tell us poor bastids in America all about em please... like how much they weigh (each), how long the long board is, how wide, and what's so 'super' about the SUPER SPRING?

the speed cobra's.. i mean the box it came in says speed cobra, and they're silver long boards.

and they are released here in australia.

They are released here in the US too. I just got off the phone with Dales and they have them in stock right now.
They are only $320 for the double.
Cheaper than the regular Cobras!.
Wow...I might have to snatch some up for that price.
So now its between the new Tamas, Gibraltar Intruders or Mapex Falcons...Hmmmm?.

Be prepared for a glut of lumbering, black face IC's on ebay

Be prepared for a glut of lumbering, black face IC's on ebay

if you look hard enough there's a few companies selling new ic powerglides on ebay for around $250. although i am surprised they didn't move in the direct drive direction with a new design....

That's right, TAMA doesn't have a horse in the direct drive race.

They could'a, should'a made SPEED COBRA modular... direct drive/chain, include both drives in the package.

Back