Tama Iron Cobra Jr. to Axis

• Thread starter ThisSpitefulSnake
  • Start date
T

ThisSpitefulSnake

I'm just curious, if I switched from these regular Tama Iron Cobra Jr. double bass pedals to Axis pedals, what differences would it make?

ha.
haha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH seriously?

man. thats like going from a rusty tricycle to a ferrari.

Well, thanks for being so elaborate. Dude, I've never tried em, so I don't know. Would I have to change my technique because of the direct link thing? Are they worth it?

Well, thanks for being so elaborate. Dude, I've never tried em, so I don't know. Would I have to change my technique because of the direct link thing? Are they worth it?

Well, seeing as the Jr's are single chain drive, there will no doubt be some getting used to of the direct drives, but it's like getting a new bike, after a little while you start to get a feel for it.

Your technique will change in that you will probably to go a lot faster all the time, as the Axis are VERY light pedals!

But, I'll still be able to play regular heel up with no problems? Because people are saying they are way different from Cobras or Eliminators and take a lot of getting used to.

Hmm... well, I always play heel-toe, but that's on PDP 402s... for heel up on Axis pedals, it might be a bit difficult because they may be too light...

I STRONGLY recommend looking into Trick. Their pedals have a better feel for playing heel-up, it feels like there's more under your foot.

Hmm, really? They seem the same though. Man, they're both so expensive too. Just read some reviews and people are saying Trick sucks and doesn't do anything. I'm also curious on how fast I might be able to play, I can play Angel of Death by Slayer with the Jr. but struggling.

Hmm, really? They seem the same though. Man, they're both so expensive too. Just read some reviews and people are saying Trick sucks and doesn't do anything. I'm also curious on how fast I might be able to play, I can play Angel of Death by Slayer with the Jr. but struggling.

I would say, if price is an issue, take a look at the Iron Cobras, Pearl Eliminators, DW 5002, and the Yamaha Flying Dragon.

sorry for being sorta... useless before. but the switch will be a big difference.

at first im sure you will not be used to the feel. and may not like them at first. but as with anything if you give it time youll grow to it.

as for trick vs axis? definatly trick. no question about it. im sure multiple members from this forum will tell you how they made the change and are much happier. the tricks are way easier to adjust. and to me feel so much faster and more stable.

Trick is also a lot more expensive and Axis is already expensive. I don't know, but I feel like these Jr. pedals might be holding me back.

OH MY GOD.

My two Pro V 1's came yesterday.

Big pause.

Like nothing else I played before. Smooth, quiet, quick, precise, phenomenal!!!!!

I used to think my DW 5000s were the $hit, but I was wrong. I even tried the Iron Cobra and the Axis now, and even the new DW 9000s. But there is nothing like these Trick pedals.

I bought my two Pro V 1s on ebay for $200 each and they were a steal!!!

I can't recommend them more!!!

Wolves at the Door
http://www.myspace.com/musicofwolvesatthedoor

Back