Zildjian Drumstick bashers?

I was reading up reviews of the Zildjian Anti-vibes which my dad had bought for his electric kit and somebody wrote "Your not a real drummer if you use Zildjian drum sticks." and another wrote "Zildjian Anti-vibes are for pussies". Now that was pretty stupid, people can use any brand they want and just because Zildjian makes them doesn't mean they're bad or better than other sticks, every stick is basically the same only made differently in some way. I mean that's like saying "Your a real drummer if you use 100% Joey Jordison signature gear" when everyone knows his only decent gear is his snare. Or "Your a real drummer if you play like -insert overrated metal drummer here-"
it doesn't. Anybody can play what they want, anybody can endorse what they want, anyone can look up to who they want (apart from Meg White, haha. Joke.) and anyone can play the way they want. People have also said I'm not a real drummer because I don't use a double pedal? When I see them play, they did simple stuff I could play with one pedal. Or is that just people who think they're amazing in general?

I personally think they're amazing and they feel and respond great and you don't get that "Through the wood" buzz as I've experienced with Pro-mark & Vic Firth. Probably because it has limbsaver patentended products in it. I've used Taylor Hawkins signature series drum sticks and Zildjian 6A's and 5B's and I loved them! They took weeks to chip rather than my Vic Firths breaking after 10 minutes. They also feel and sound much better than Vic Firths if you ask me.

Some people are generally begging to be ignored, so that's generally what I do whenever they make silly comments.

Nothing wrong with using the Zildjian anti-vibe sticks. I've personally found that the hollow core makes them break too easily when used on an acoustic kit, but that's just my opinion based on my own playing style. They're definitely nice for electronic drums though, especially the ones with rubber pads instead of mesh heads. Those pads can be real wrist killers, so anything that helps with those vibrations should be welcomed.

I have no problem with Zildjian sticks.I actually love them.
I had a pair of 5A Black Wood and they broke while I was playing in a studio with my friends,around 2 years after I bought them.
Don't listen to what other people say,if you like it,you buy it,they will not play with it,you will.

I used them back in the day, and the quality control was appalling . I'd hope they've sorted those kind of issues out by now, but the damage is done for me and i'd guess a lot of other players. Wouldn't touch them with a Zildjian made bargepole.

"Your not a real drummer if you use Zildjian drum sticks." and another wrote "Zildjian Anti-vibes are for pussies".

It's amazing, isn't it? I personally love the first one, "You're not a real drummer" if you use a certain something or have crappy gear. I find the complete opposite to be true. The guys who don't care what is written on their sticks or is on the front of their kick drums to me are the ones who are the true drummers. To me, drums are about creating pleasing sounds from pieces of wood and metal. How you achieve that is irrelevant. You ask a poor gigging musician about what they will or won't play with, I'm sure that list isn't going to be very long. I don't know, just a rambling. Happy Easter!!

I use several different series of Zildjian sticks, including a pair of the Anti-Vibes that were given to me and have no issues with any of them. Actually one of my favorite Zildjian sticks is the "Heavy Jazz" sticks made from laminated birch.

Dsc_0311.jpg

Dennis

I've been playing Zildjian sticks since January 1992. Although I've never owned a pair of anti-vibe models.

As for "bashing" comments, pick any topic or product, and you'll find some bored e-thugs posting dumb comments about it. Dang near every video on youtube has some derogatory comments posted under it. Some people just think it's funny to post such things to get a rise out of people.

Try all products and use the ones that work for you.
Don't let reviews be the final word. Read the product reviews and decide for yourself if they are true or not.
I have great luck with certain Zildjian sticks. I also use certain models of other manufacturers sticks and I like them too.

I used to use them, but the dipped handles were wearing out faster than the sticks. Use what you like, and don't be swayed by others.

I used to use them, but the dipped handles were wearing out faster than the sticks. Use what you like, and don't be swayed by others.

I like how Zildjian are really innovative about drum sticks too. The Absolute series is awesome for rock! They're dips and the anti-vibes are pretty unique too.
Zildjian aren't as respected much cymbal-wise or stick-wise anymore. I love them though! I love Sabian too though. Loads of options!

Back