Copyright infringement?

Hahahaha! Pearetsch? Grearl? How does something so blatantly obvious go unnoticed?

While the copyright holders should be concerned that someone else is profiting from their name, the publicity value of a few extra people wandering around with the company name is worth more than lost profits on a handful of shirts combined with attempting legal action.

In this case however, I'd think Gretsch would be more concerned, they're serious © and ™ nazis.

Bermuda

From the ad:

This seller is currently away until Apr 17, 2014. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order.

Probably in Jail

My question is; Why would anyone want a shirt that has combination logos on it?
If I am an owner of one of the companies kits, I surely don't want the logo of another company mixed in.
Hey, why don't I put my Ludwig bass drum logo head on my Gretsch bass drum? That wouldn't look too stupid :)

Wonder if they also make Tamaha and Ludwigerland shirts?

Honestly, I don't understand why people buy clothing that has any logo on it. If a company wants me to be their billboard they're going to have to pay me. I've been known to erase logos from clothing and other items. I was given a Nike running hat once and I was able to peel off the rubber swoosh. When I look at the students on campus it seems half of them are wearing some sort of advertising on their chest or butt. And I don't mean a band t-shirt or some such, often it's just the name of some company that sells clothes.

I'll wear a shirt that says "Tommy" on it when Mr. Hilfiger wears a shirt that says "JimFiore" on it.

Honestly, I don't understand why people buy clothing that has any logo on it. If a company wants me to be their billboard they're going to have to pay me. I've been known to erase logos from clothing and other items. I was given a Nike running hat once and I was able to peel off the rubber swoosh. When I look at the students on campus it seems half of them are wearing some sort of advertising on their chest or butt. And I don't mean a band t-shirt or some such, often it's just the name of some company that sells clothes.

I'll wear a shirt that says "Tommy" on it when Mr. Hilfiger wears a shirt that says "JimFiore" on it.

The best ones are the Armani Exchange T-Shirts with the giant "Armani" down the front for like $50.00.

The best ones are the Armani Exchange T-Shirts with the giant "Armani" down the front for like $50.00.

Its a good strategy to position the company name as a status symbol - your customers pay top dollar to become advertisers.

Any graphic designer would find it easy to rip off that shirt design from the eBay picture so there's nothing to stop other sellers in countries without strong copyright protection from ripping off the ripoff :)

We have lots of Ambercrombie and American Eagle billboards walking around here. I just don't get it.

The only possible advertising I would even consider is for Death Wish Coffee. If they would supply me with free coffee for the rest of my life I would happily get their logo tattooed on me. My love for coffee runs deep, and they make the strongest on the planet. It tastes so smooth and rich though, not bitter and nasty like most strong coffees. Their logo would also fit nicely with all the other skulls on my skin. At $20 a pound, I unfortunately cant afford to drink it as much as I would like.

Attachments

• death wish coffee.jpg
    death wish coffee.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 856

I once saw a punk-rocker-type-person (complete with mohawk) sporting a Pearl Jam T-shirt with the word "SUX" written underneath the logo (his penmanship was appalling).
I thought to myself that was probably the greatest/ stupidest act of "rebellion" I'd ever seen.
Maybe it was an unwanted gift but if he'd bought it himself, that's going to extremes to advertise things you hate!

If I am an owner of one of the companies kits, I surely don't want the logo of another company mixed in.
Hey, why don't I put my Ludwig bass drum logo head on my Gretsch bass drum? That wouldn't look too stupid :)

Maybe they're appealing to ppl who own both, are fans of both companies.

Bundling, get more for less.

Love it!

I want one of these shirts actually, gonna wear it to the next NAMM show, then all you bastids will know who I am. :)

And I'll have my ebay receipt, "Hey, i bought it online."

Attachments

• Picture 19.png
    Picture 19.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 20.png
    Picture 20.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Back