Phil Maturano here!

Hey Phil,
Was great finally get to meet and hang. You're an amazing player and person and I had a great time in Cape Breton. Give me a shout anytime and lets stay in touch.
I'll give you a shout when I'm in NY.
P.S.
Ever hook up with John Fav?
Cheers.
D.

Ditto for you ! I Truly enjoyed your perfomance and got allot out of it! I thank you for dedicating your Latin tune to me! hahahaha!! THAT WAS GREAT! I guess all that Miami living penetrated your blood cells huh? Sounded GREAT!! Loved it!

I am doing s story on the festval for Drums and percussion magazine in Germany so...keep your eye out since you will end up there w photos etc.

If you get a moment pass me your digits at my main email
[email protected]

Master Blaster!!
Miss you already!
Big hugs
PM

Phil, I have a question. who, in our opinion, is the best drummer ever? (you are not allowed to say yourself)

I mean ever ever. Ever.

I guess that's impossible to say. I cannot even remotely say because...against the vastness that is music and rhythm...everyone falls short at some point. There can be no best "ever ever" because rhythm will always be the standard by which you will be held. Rhythm is infinite...we are temporary. Music is soooo vast...no one can learn it all....if you think you know something about drumming then....go to Africa and start studying...you will soon find you are a mere beginner. And that's what we all are. What we shall be until the day we die. We shall all remain beginners always.
That's a beautiful thought is'nt it?

www.philmaturano.com
www.myspace.com/philmaturanodrums
www.youtube.com/philmaturanodrums

I know im just a biginner. I should be much more devtoed to practice then i am.

If anyone is interested, my new CD is just released! Lots of drumming going on:)
You can check "7 steps to Heaven" on

www.myspace.com/philmaturanodrums

And you can order it directly from me on my site.

www.philmaturano.com
NYKolnprjct1.jpg

All the best
PM

Phil, I just checked out that tune on myspace. I really like the drum sound. Who produced it? I guess I could look that up, but oh well. Your drum sound is a lot more jazzy than the other stuff I've heard you on. I'm sure that's what you were going for and I think you nailed it. I like hearing you play in this context after listening and watching a lot of your technical videos and instruction. Very cool, I'm getting a copy for sure!

Phil, I just checked out that tune on myspace. I really like the drum sound. Who produced it? I guess I could look that up, but oh well. Your drum sound is a lot more jazzy than the other stuff I've heard you on. I'm sure that's what you were going for and I think you nailed it. I like hearing you play in this context after listening and watching a lot of your technical videos and instruction. Very cool, I'm getting a copy for sure!

Hey bratha Garvin!
Thank you man. I produced it myself. Did some of the post production at home and then mastered it in the big studio. Yes, I wanted a jazzy sound to the thing to give it a special touch. I dont really like over processed drum sounds and tried to keep it as live as possible.
I am very glad you like it.
Thanks you:)
PM

It will be on CD baby and itunes very soon if its not there already:)
You can get one tune at a time through snocap on the myspacepage.

Technology is great:)

Hey there, Phil! It's cool that you're here. I have your 'Working the Inner Clock' book, it's a great book.. you should come up with another one! Your 'Latin Soloing' book and DVD are also great, very well written educational material. It's such an honor to be talking to a master in Latin Jazz drumming such as yourself, even though I'm talking to you indirectly, through this forum. Please continue educating and inspiring us all!

Hey Phil, i was wondering what is the ride your using for '7 steps steps to Heaven'? Is it your new Emotion ride? Cause it's absolutly beautiful! It's the sort of sound i'm looking for in my new ride, the album sounds great, amazing trio!

Hey there, Phil! It's cool that you're here. I have your 'Working the Inner Clock' book, it's a great book.. you should come up with another one! Your 'Latin Soloing' book and DVD are also great, very well written educational material. It's such an honor to be talking to a master in Latin Jazz drumming such as yourself, even though I'm talking to you indirectly, through this forum. Please continue educating and inspiring us all!

Why thank you Adriane!:) I hope I can live up to your compliments.
As a matter of fact, a new book, "Inner clock two" Is coming up soon!

I like your version of "progress" on your page:) Thank you for putting it up there.
Many kind regards
Phil M.

Last edited:
Hey Phil, i was wondering what is the ride your using for '7 steps steps to Heaven'? Is it your new Emotion ride? Cause it's absolutly beautiful! It's the sort of sound i'm looking for in my new ride, the album sounds great, amazing trio!

Thank you for the kind words bro. One of the rides is the Anatolian Emotion ride. Yes. It sounds very good. I hope you have a chance to play one. They are hard to find.

PM

Thank you for the kind words bro. One of the rides is the Anatolian Emotion ride. Yes. It sounds very good. I hope you have a chance to play one. They are hard to find.

PM

Really? Thats not good for my cause and none of my shops stock Anatolian. Such a beautiful unique cymbal, seems very versitile as well.

Back