Can we have a 'like' button?

Oh shut up you idiot.

Moaning about being called surly.

Away and have your Facebook melt down somewhere else.

Well, that's a turn out for the books.

Sorry that you can't argue a reasonable use-case for your idea. No need to resort to names now big boy.

You ask for an opinion, you got one. If it's not the one you like then you argue against it rather than crying because the consensus is against you.

For the sake of balance, can we have a "I don't care" button, & maybe a "I don't agree" button, maybe even a "I liked it, but you might like to try this" button.

Ah, silly me, we already have these buttons available - it's called a "reply" I believe. I'm not a fan of anything designed to truncate conversation.

For the sake of balance, can we have a "I don't care" button, & maybe a "I don't agree" button, maybe even a "I liked it, but you might like to try this" button.

Ah, silly me, we already have these buttons available - it's called a "reply" I believe. I'm not a fan of anything designed to truncate conversation.

More of an addition to. Choices on how to.

I think Masters ANIMALBEATS and BacteriumFendYoke should settle this like gentlemen.
By trading apt song titles from thirty paces.
Gentlemen, take your places please!

I've just listened to said Antsong.
Is it the " ridicule is nothing to be scared of " line you are referring to?
I guess so.
Because " Don't you ever, don't you ever, don't you ever stop being dandy " seemed way too obscure!

No like button. I don't care who likes a post. What on earth does that add to my experience as a thread-reader?

Those people who like what they read yet have nothing to add to the conversation are called... "readers" ( or lurkers in forum- ese). They make up the majority of the visitors to the site

Like or dislike buttons add nothing to the experience. If you like something, Tell us a little bit about that or else you aren't really adding anything of substance to the conversation.

<

We'd also need a "**** you" button. I'd use that one a lot I think.

No like button. I don't care who likes a post. What on earth does that add to my experience as a thread-reader?

Those people who like what they read yet have nothing to add to the conversation are called... "readers" ( or lurkers in forum- ese). They make up the majority of the visitors to the site

Like or dislike buttons add nothing to the experience. If you like something, Tell us a little bit about that or else you aren't really adding anything of substance to the conversation.

Exactly Jef it's not about you.

The substance is for other people.

Wouldn't it be good to involve more people.

Exactly Jef it's not about you.

The substance is for other people.

Wouldn't it be good to involve more people.

If they're not actively contributing anything other than a 'like' then no. It's not necessarily good to involve more people for the sake of involving more people.

Would you rather have a forum with 10,000 members that only post 'likes' or a forum with 100 members that contribute and discuss? Volume does not necessarily equate to quality in and of itself.

Back