Travis Barker

I give Travis props, its a style thats quite athletic and he pulls it off,, i mean you cant compare to someone like Thomas Lang or Vinnie, but for what he does, he does it well. A band like Blink 182 you cant take that seriously,,,,, (I mean they dont even take themselves seriously! :), but its all good fun,,

He's not afraid to tour with broken arms and feet, what other drummer would do that? ;) I'm guessing he doesn't care what people think of his drumming, he's more aware of the music he creates.

omfg, tre cool is no good at all he has his good things and that but he just knows how to hit the drums and cymbals thats it, he doesnt do anything special i think he sux a little bit. Travis rulez

thats MY opinion i know some people may not like it and some yes but thats what i think you gotta respect me.
travis barker is great!!!!

I saw Travis Barker on the +44 tour, I wasn't there for +44 tho, I was there for THE MATCHES!

I saw him playing with 2 arms, not one, and he was not impressive at all. The whole band revolved around him, and thats like revolving around a stick with dirty socks on it (if that makes sense.)

The Matches were amazing and the made the trip from Cleveland to Detroit all that it was worth.

Here's my $0.02

Travis Barker is a decent drummer. He's got some unique fills, interesting ideas for licks. I think by far his best work was in Boxcar Racer. If you listen to "Watch The World", his opening snare part shows he's got decent marching chops (nothing spectacular, of course) and the lick he plays during the verses is kinda neat. "Sorrow" also has a cool groove, as well as "All Systems Go". As far as his work for the Transplants goes, "Killafornia" has a funky little latin groove going on, and "Hit The Fence" has a cool drumline-esque beat which caught my attention pretty quickly.

I've been playing for two years, and I can play most of his stuff, but I wouldn't say I've got him down pat. Compared to other pro-level drummers, he's not much but for the aspiring drummer, he's got some licks and fills that would for the most part draw inspiration. He's creative, energetic, has fast hands, and a good feel for the music. He's not exactly the 'model' drummer.. I think he's got too much of the "hotshot" mindset, but personally.. his stuff intrigues me, and I enjoy both listening to the bands he's in and learning and playing his beats.

You may not like his persona, the genre of music he plays, or the attention he draws from the mainstream.. but admit it, the kid can play.

I like Travis - great style and all.

But for staying with sports: When he would race a formula one race he even couldn't follow the pace car - and he knows it and agrees, that's make him sympathic.

Bernhard

hi bernhard!
well.. i would like to know what have you and travis talked about (if its nothing personal) any information? his musical formation.. anything..
could you answer me?
that would be awsome..
yes im a new mwmver.. im 17 years old.. and im from portugal.. (thats the reason for my bad wirting).

i listened to adam's song (blink) the other day. its got some cool drum parts, not all speed and actually cool to listen to... i think he's pretty good, just not amazing, and his image gets kind of ridiculous

travis' best work in my opinion was on the boxcar racer album. there is more groove on those songs and more technical beats. his work with the transplants was good also. mainly thier second cd haunted cities. i have the plus 44 cd and the drums are good but not his best in my opinion. but some songs here and there with blink are nice such as adams song and feeling this. his best blink cd was probly either "enema of the state" or "the mark tome and travis show" live album. but im a big travis fan so i have em all. his work on the aquabats cd the fury of the aquabats was also realy good. im a big fan but i also dig many other drummers. i think of myself as a very well rounded musical person. i have cds from buddy rich to snoop dogg. and everything in between.

Can I say one of the most overated drummers ever. He's good but not god like status good.

I wish everyone would stop jumping on the "i hate travis barker" ban wagon just to fit in. Just cause he plays in bands that arent as serious as singing about mystical stuff such as Rush doesnt mean he should be looked down upon. Now i am not saying he should be compared to Peart but you cant say travis is not that great of a musician and he has not become a better musician over the years is just wrong.

i guess the reason i don't care much for travis' style with blink is the same reason i don't care much for the red hot chili peppers. i don't really feel what they are doing. and i really don't like either bands' songs,they seem forgettable.and if i can't relate to the tune,then i can't relate to the drummer unless the groove is irresistable(like say chambers or gadd or bill stewart.) for the life of me i can't understand the buzz about the peppers' "funk" and i haven't heard anything about blink in a long time.

travis barker is the reason i started drumming. im not gonna say hes god or anything because i much prefer drummers like thomas lang or benny greb, but i like listening to alot of punk and alternative music. lets face it, there are alot of drummers out there who are quite boring to listen to. listening to travis drum is quite refreshing because hes very creative. its much better than listening to alot of the crap on the billboard 100 nowadays.

travis barker is the reason i started drumming. im not gonna say hes god or anything because i much prefer drummers like thomas lang or benny greb, but i like listening to alot of punk and alternative music. lets face it, there are alot of drummers out there who are quite boring to listen to. listening to travis drum is quite refreshing because hes very creative. its much better than listening to alot of the crap on the billboard 100 nowadays.

Yeah i will say that he has made up some pretty crazy stuff on drums and thats what i like about him is that he doesn't play the same thing over and over again like some drummers that i have heard. But yeah he also is over rated by a lot of people out there that don't know anything about drumming or other drummers out there. And most of those people don't even play drums.

I havent red all of the posts because it would take to long so im not sure if someone has already posted it or not.

I think that he is a good drummer but highly over-rated. All of my non-drummer friends will talk to me about Travis Barker as if he was the only drummer on the planet. They know him because hes the drummer of Blink182 and Boxcarracers and he has his own tv show. There are plenty of other great drummers that dont get the attention they deserve.

-He's good, but not that good-

When I first heard all the stuff about +44 and then their music I was "oh boy, another Blink-182"

When I first heard all the stuff about +44 and then their music I was "oh boy, another Blink-182"

I guess they can be considered some what like Blink 182 but not really, and even if they are it doesn't really matter because thats the kind of music that Travis and Mark are good at making.

I guess they can be considered some what like Blink 182 but not really, and even if they are it doesn't really matter because thats the kind of music that Travis and Mark are good at making.

Yeah, they're good at making music thats simple and accessible to MTV.

Yeah, they're good at making music thats simple and accessible to MTV.

But dont forget that the +44 music and lyrics have a whole world of difference behind it as far as meaning. I mean try to compare the meanings behing Happy Holidays by blink 182 to No It Isn't by +44.

But dont forget that the +44 music and lyrics have a whole world of difference behind it as far as meaning. I mean try to compare the meanings behing Happy Holidays by blink 182 to No It Isn't by +44.

Yeah ya gotta good point there.I hate saying the dreaded word "mature" but +44's music definitly more mature and thought provoking then Blink-182's music. Not that Blinks music doesn't make ya think but the meanings behind +44's music allows them to be taken much more seriously.

Back