Sonor 3007 Jungle Kit

Rodriges

Hi!
This is my new Sonor Force 3007 Jungle Kit in red sparkle:
16x16 bass drum
10x8 tom
14x12 floor tom
12x5 snare

last photo: I tried to cut a hole in the resonant head of a bass drum, but the sound became too flat. then I bought a beauty Remo Fiberskyn F1 head for a reso. check it out :)

Attachments

• DSC06833.JPG
    DSC06833.JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 9,100
  • DSC06836.JPG
    DSC06836.JPG
    444.1 KB · Views: 6,821
  • DSC06868.JPG
    DSC06868.JPG
    379.2 KB · Views: 6,660
Quite interesting how you should be using a pop/dance style kit for jazz but i suppose it's quite well suited. Also i didn't think you'd cut that hole in the kick drum yourself.

Awesome kits. Sonor makes great sounding drums at any level. I've owned a couple jungle kits and they were great. Plus, they hold their value. I love the finishes as well. Great pics! Every time I see someones new jungle kit, it makes me want to buy another one.

I want one for my grandkids.
Really nice wrap, I love the red glitter.
Extra nice with the new bass reso head.
Cheers
Sonor is the best.

Great jungle kit. Here's mine. I added a Fiberskyn on the kick as well, but I don't have a recent picture. Congrats on your new purchase!

Grant

Attachments

• Sonor.jpg
    Sonor.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 14,379
That's okay, it is hard to believe that they offer lacquer sparkle finishes at that price, but Sonor is awesome.

Thanks for all!
This is my second Sonor drumkit (the first was the Force 3005 studio2)
I like the sound of this kits very much. I don't know the other kit in this price that sounds so bright and sensitive

what up with the yellow ... things ?

I played full sized kits for over 35 years. I started playing Jungle Kits about six months ago.
I love Jungle kits! I have a Pearl Rhythm Traveler and A Tama Stagestar.
I would like to get a Sonor also someday.
Nice kit!

I have a Sonor 3007 Jungle Kit, too (sorry, no pictures). Does anyone else have problems with the bass drum hoop interfering with the chain on their bass pedal?

I have a Sonor 3007 Jungle Kit, too (sorry, no pictures). Does anyone else have problems with the bass drum hoop interfering with the chain on their bass pedal?
I made a 2 inch riser for the bass drum on my Tama kit. I wanted my pedal to mount directly underneath the hoop. I didn't want my pedal any closer to me. I simply cut away a section of the hoop to allow the chain and the toe of the footboard to pass through.
The hoops on my kit are steel. If you do it with wood it will also work. Make sure to cut out as little as possible so as not to take strength from the hoop. I have had no problems with the modified hoop.

You can see the cut out that I made in this pic. I used pieces of vinyl automotive door edge protector to dress up where I made the cut in the steel rim.

Attachments

• 1205091644.jpg
    1205091644.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 5,317
Last edited:
Great little kit! The Jungle Kits always piqued my interest. Do your drums not vibrate around on the floor, or is that location only for picture purposes?

I love the look of the fyberskin with the red paint job. Nice kit!

Back