Evans Drum Heads Deal, which one should I go for?

Cedwico

List 1 - £130

Evans EC2 Clear 12,13,16 (for the batter/topside)
Evans G1 Clear 12,13,16 (for the resonant/bottom side)
Evans Emad 22" bass drum batter head
Evans G1 White Coated 22" Bass Drum Skin
+ Free Coated 14" G2 snare drum batter

List 2 - £115

Evans G2 Clear 12,13,16 (for the batter/topside)
Evans Emad Resonant 22" Bass Drum Skin with 5” Microphone Hole and Two Interchangeable Foam Rings.

List 2 - £140

Evans EC2 Clear 12,13,16 (for the batter/topside)
Evans Emad Resonant 22" Bass Drum Skin with 5” Microphone Hole and Two Interchangeable Foam Rings.

Which one would you go for?

Last edited:
I'd go for number 2. That said, I'm a rock drummer.

What type of music do you play?

Do you play out?

Are you mic'ed?

I use the number 2 combo on my Renowns. They just seem to be the ones that sound best.

Thanks Steady Freddy and GD.

I play mainly Rock/Alternative/Indie such as Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, etc with my band.

And then loads of different things in my spare time.

My band had our first gig on Saturday night and my kit was mic'd. Our bass player's dad has a huge collection of DJ equipment that we used from his radio station and band and he's said we can use him whenever we play.

In december we have two more gigs.

I'm looking for the kind of sound that Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys) has. Problem is I've seen him use the EC2s before and the G2sl. I think I'll go for the second list.

Thanks Steady Freddy and GD.

I play mainly Rock/Alternative/Indie such as Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, etc with my band.

And then loads of different things in my spare time.

My band had our first gig on Saturday night and my kit was mic'd. Our bass player's dad has a huge collection of DJ equipment that we used from his radio station and band and he's said we can use him whenever we play.

In december we have two more gigs.

I'm looking for the kind of sound that Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys) has. Problem is I've seen him use the EC2s before and the G2sl. I think I'll go for the second list.

Big fan of those two bands, they're poppy, but they do it tastefully so that it's not cheesy. That being said Helders gets really short sustain out of his toms, to the point where it almost sound like he's playing on hydraulic heads.

Never the less, the G2s over G1s will serve you well. If you want them dampened you can slap a moon gel or two on it. You can always muffle an un-dampened head, but you can't un-muffle a dampened head.

id go for the first if i could swap the bass durm resos

Back