My favorite sticks

Ehm... The one that works the best for me is de Vic Firth 5A model, but I also tend to play a los with the Vic Firth 7A's and I really enjoy the Zildjian Manu Katche Model, it's diameter is somewhere in between 5A and 7A, and it's as long as a 5A... works really good. And in my practice pad I don't know why... really like to use the Mike Mangini signature model, which I think is too heavy for drums and cymbals :s

Pro Mark 5A Jap White Oak Wood Tip

Normally I use the 5A Vic Firth. When I have less money I just buy the 5A by stagg (really good balance!!!)

BUT I haven't actually found yet my favorite sticks because my local dealer only has Vic Firth and some other crappy brands. I'm actually searching for a stick with a balance of the VF 5A, but with a finer tip.

Ayotte Jammer...I didn't want something too heavy, but I've gotten so used to the bigger size of my orchestral sticks I needed more size. So a maple stick made sense. I like Ayotte's sticks because they've got no finish, and I just prefer the feel smooth but unlacquered wood.
Oh, BTW those orchestral sticks are Cooperman's Graham C. Johns #1. Very nice. I got a whole bag full of mallets and stuff if anyone wants to hear about those.

Re: Favorite brand of drum stick?

Pro-Mark 5A Jap. White Oak

Re: Favorite brand of drum stick?

I use Vic Firth 7A's wood tip and Promark 747's american hickory and sometimes the japanese white oak.

I go between my Steve Gadd signatures and my Dave Weckls. But funny thing about my Weckls is that they are different sizes, one isn't made anymore, so I only use them on occassion.
Other than that I have the Pro-Mark hot rods which are nice but incredibly overpriced and Vater retractable wire brushes that I'm on my third year with. They last a while.

Zildjian Tre Cool....I love those sticks if you ever see me i have them in my hands some people ive known for 2 - 3 years have never seen me without my sticks

Vic Firth for the most part

My favorite to use are the 5B

but for jazz I'll use a lighter stick sometimes, depending on my mood

I also use the hot rods bundles

and When I practice on my v drums I use 2Bs

I use mostly generic sticks for practicing and playing on my own privately, mostly A5's. But when I am 'playing' I use either Vic Firth 5A, or my favorite stick, Pro Mark 5A, very durable sticks and have a great feel to them, but thats one mans opinion.

Alk3fan said:
Pro Mark 5A, very durable sticks and have a great feel to them, but thats one mans opinion.

Let me rephrase, Pro Mark 5A, new generation, Japanese Oak. Wood tip... my favorite.

My Favorite Sticks

Regal Tip Rock model
Vic Firth Buddy Rich model
Vic Firth Steve Gadd model
Regal Tip retractable brushes
Zildjian 5bs or Vic Firth 5as

Jack Dejohnette's Vic Firth signature sticks are incredibly comfortable until you start sweating. It's colored white, wich make them good looking, but this painting make them slide away. I lost them during shows too many times. They also broke quite quick (I'm kinda loud player) but I wish I could find the same feeling with unpainted or gripped sticks.

AUTOPW747W.jpg

Have used 747s(hickory) for years but when they came out with the Jap white oak Peart stick?? Fuhgettaboutit

I useed Pro Mark 747's for years and years - but I was mostly playing fairly solid rock stuff. They lasted a long time - they rarely broke although they did use to peel from the middle thanks to too many rim shots - and the length and weight seemed perfect.

In the last couple of years, however, my tastes have changed. I have recently discovered the Dennis Chambers signature sticks by Zildjian. They are 16" long, small tip, slightly thinner than the 747's and have a great balance.

They have become my stick of choice. Now if I can only peruade Dennis Chambers to use my signature sticks . . . .

paul

VIC FIRTH Jojo Mayer Siganture Sticks.

So... so... so....soooo..

Attachments

• Jojos.JPG
    Jojos.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 5,261
  • s Sticks.JPG
    s Sticks.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 5,233
- Vic Firth Signature Series Danny Carey

- Vic Firth 5As