Jon Theodore

THREAD RESSURECTION!!!

I personally find that every drummer that has played with TMV is amazing, Thomas Pridgen is my favorite of all time, Theodore and Fleming both heavily influence me, PArks is a MONSTER and a huge influence...

Im hoping to win the drum-off this year, maybe being so influenced by these guys, TMV will pick me up? One can only dream.... LOL

The ODAAL EP has some of my favourite drumming of all time. Both the playing and the production. And I'm a huge RATM fan so having Zach there as well makes that EP kick heaps of ass. They're just taking their time with it, rather than feeling like "we need to get something released". Jon played on Brandon Boyd's solo album, which was released a little over a year ago and is worth checking out. I'm sure he'll have something in the works, from what I have read in interviews he's a guy who does things when he 'feels like it'

One of the absolute most gnarly rock drummers in history. Mars Volta, One Day as a Lion, Queens of the Stone Age. The dude (in my opinion) sits amongst the pantheon of greatest rock drummers ever.

VIDEO because the channel doesn't allow embedding on other websites.

My second favourite drummer ever. He was mindblowing live.
I would love to see him really in action. I saw him with Queens a few years ago but it was at a shit venue in SLC and there was no definition to anything. I also randomly caught him with Bright Eyes a few months back, but he was kinda just holding down the pocket.
Part of me hopes Queens of the Stone Age does an off the wall flex album where they just go prog AF on their fanbase and utilize Jon's chops.

Earlier this year I saw Bright Eyes in New Orleans. I'm only a casual fan and was shocked to see JT playing the drums. The opening act, Hurray for the Riff Raff, was great, but the energy was totally different when JT was playing. He's a great musician and seems like a funny guy, too.

Earlier this year I saw Bright Eyes in New Orleans. I'm only a casual fan and was shocked to see JT playing the drums. The opening act, Hurray for the Riff Raff, was great, but the energy was totally different when JT was playing. He's a great musician and seems like a funny guy, too.
I do runner shifts for a local production company and bumped into Jon in the hallway and was like "oh wow Jon Theodore" and he said "yep that's me hi dude". All in all very smooth on my part. /s

Bright Eyes was a blast! Kinda weird seeing Theodore in a pop setting but he pulled it off.

I do runner shifts for a local production company and bumped into Jon in the hallway and was like "oh wow Jon Theodore" and he said "yep that's me hi dude". All in all very smooth on my part. /s

Bright Eyes was a blast! Kinda weird seeing Theodore in a pop setting but he pulled it off.
haha super smooth. He seems like a very chill guy. Probably why he clashed with Omar and Cedric from TMV, which is one of my favourite bands, but man they seem pretty petulant, which i guess you have to be to make music like they made.

Yeah. I guess there were worse ways that could've gone. At least I don't get the nervous pukes or something lol.

Yeah they seem like wound up dudes. Both very intense. Their new album is great though. There's an interview with them somewhere where they both seem to have realized, "man we were insufferable holy hell".

I was watching QOTSA at Glastonbury yesterday on TV and JT is just an absolute powerhouse.

One of the best ‘Rock’ drummers I’ve seen live in the flesh (Back in 2019) The guy knows how to drive a band and really knows how to work between the spaces/notes.

A different forum, Eriatarka, Roulette Dares, and Cicatrez ESP are Fleming beats
Yeah but Theodore plays with with an amazing groove. Listen to anything Fleming does, he might've come up with the beats (even thats debatable as omar rights most of their music) but the way Theodore plays make it what it is.

Back