2010 Football World Cup-South Africa

ooohhhhhhh, now that was 3-2 to the yanks, without a dougbt, but again that is what makes football, the highs and the lows in one game.

I'm dead serious when I say I ran through the house when Michael Bradley scored. Why do they keep doing this? They come out totally confused on defense every game.

What a comeback!!!! Got robbed for the 3rd goal, though!

Exactly. Soccer offsides sucks! Still, what an exciting second half.

USA USA USA!!!!!

And congrats to Greece for finally ending the goaless drought and losing streak. HELLAS!!!!!!

That was tough for Nigeria to lose a guy for the entire second half, but he did kick the Greek. That's a really long power play.

I'm dead serious when I say I ran through the house when Michael Bradley scored. Why do they keep doing this? They come out totally confused on defense every game.

4 ish years ago, Greese v England, - World cup qulifier, England needed a goal to get into the world cup. If we won Germany wpould be knocked out of world cup.

93rd miniute, camara pans over to the germans in their dressing room, after their game, all smiles and laughter, thinking they have done the English.

Ref gives England a free kick.

Beckham walks up to the ball, shoots and scores, then ref blows for full time.

Camera pans back to germans, now crying in their dressing room.

England fans now going loopy on the terraces, me going absoluty bonkers in my front room.

Wife cutting clients hair, client looked so shocked and concerned, by my over the top celerbrations, that she never came back, wife very unhappy, because she has just lost a client, but me very happy as we were now in the world cup, and the germans were not.

The passion of football. Love it.

COME ON ENGLAND !!!

You got me with that one! Abe. "The Clairvoyant footballer."....uuuhhhh, I love it!

I tell you mate, the big teams are playing well. The point is that "The little teams" are building up their courage, bravery, skills, passion and ownership of wearing their colours - Which the big boys were not expecting it.....This makes the whole World Cup more interesting to watch and enjoy.

+1!!!

England/ Algeria is on and I am dreading Ian's predictions...

Last edited:
so disappointed in England's performance... it seems like they play with no motivation sometimes... This is the WORLD CUP...make it happen!

Just been crying into my beer, and popcorn, and pizza slices, and deritos, and source,

What a big humungus pile of shite, its like joining a new band and you tell them that you are fantastic, and turning up and being a complete pile of shite.

We were so so bad.

Oh fcuk,

It can be three things that affected England:
1. No leadership from the coach - Fabio Capello.
2. Lack of commitment, lack of motivation from the players.
3. Players are more interesting to make money in the Premier League than playing for their own country.

so disappointed in England's performance... it seems like they play with no motivation sometimes... This is the WORLD CUP...make it happen!

Serbia, congratulations! You have defeated Germany, that's an amazing achievement.

Serbia, congratulations! You have defeated Germany, that's an amazing achievement.

The Spanish referee defeated Germany more than Serbia did. I think there were 7 yellow cards in the first half - including the two that had the German sent off. Yet the game didn't look any more fierce than any other. The ref was letting tackles from behind go without yellow cards in the 2nd half.

Yet no one was booked for diving, even though there were many spectacular leaps, followed by grimaces, followed by immediate recovery and dynamic running. It reminds me of children faking tears to get another child in trouble but if no one pays attention the tears dry up immediately.

There seems to be a pattern ... send off a team's best player in the first half and then be more lenient in the 2nd half. Then, if asked, the ref can say he was trying to stamp his authority on the game rather than fixing the result, which I think is what's going on.

As for England, everyone knows that Poms get over-anxious and choke in the big moments. They do it in all sports, not just football. It's a standard joke around the world.

On the occasions when Poms actually do win (over a nation that's not the Cayman Islands or Tierra del Fuego) it sparks a type of delirium born of disbelief that someone actually didn't choke at the critical moment, something to which English sports fans have become accustomed.

It can be three things that affected England:
1. No leadership from the coach - Fabio Capello.
2. Lack of commitment, lack of motivation from the players.
3. Players are more interesting to make money in the Premier League than playing for their own country.

its seems like a lack of commitment or something, it really is depressing because if England play like they should and CAN.. they could take the title.... not so sure about the money thing... they are all already very very wealthy people.

It was boring, wasn't it Andy?
Oh yes. I'm no football fan, but you sort of get drawn into the whole patriotism vibe. I thought the world cup would be the flagship of the sport. Maybe even something designed to draw the disinterested to the sport. Not on this performance though. It's rather like being invited to a festival of percussion, but when you get there, there's one guy on stage with a tambourine & bells between his knees.

Oh yes. I'm no football fan, but you sort of get drawn into the whole patriotism vibe. I thought the world cup would be the flagship of the sport. Maybe even something designed to draw the disinterested to the sport. Not on this performance though. It's rather like being invited to a festival of percussion, but when you get there, there's one guy on stage with a tambourine & bells between his knees.

I think the worldcup is bad time for people new to soccer to start to watch the game bc a lot of the time, as evidence in this worldcup, teams don't score a lot. Most due to the enormous importance of each game.

Back