My favorite sticks

Vic Firth SD4 Combo
I love the light feel of the maple and the somewhat shortness of the stick. It is basically my dream stick.

I'm a fan of the vic firth Extreme 5b's.... ( X5B ), there slighting longer by like half n inch of so. I used this pair as an all around stick for many genres.

I am SOLD on Ahead sticks.. Virtually no hand shock.

I like 2Bs for practice and 5A for performance... and generally huge sticks for speed building on pillows and stuffs.

CYMBALS AND HARDWARE FOR SALE

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum.

I have been playing Tama & Sabians for years.

I have just recently been endorsed by Yamaha & Zildjian (much to my sadness of having to leave Tama & Sabian behind. Anyways i have some gear for sale.

I have just sold my Starclassic Bubinga as a shell pack so i have the hardware to sell.

List:
HARDWARE
3 x Roadpro boom stands

1 x Iron cobra 2 leg hihat stand

1 x 4leg 1st Chair with backrest

1 x Iron cobra limited edition, all chrome kick pedal.

This stuff is 6months old!!! NEVER GIGGED and only used for recording.

The first to offer me £450 ovno, gets it!
[/SIZE]

CYMBALS

1 x 22" Artisan Light ride, 6months old, NEVER GIGGED, NEVER RECORDED, rehearsed with a little but no real use. Comes with it's own soft case, engraved 'Artisan' and certificate of authentication. Sold as 'nearly new'. Price £199 This cymbal costs over £300 NEW

1 x 22" AA RAW ride, 6months old, NEVER GIGGED, recorded for 1 track & rehearsed with a little.
This cymbal is raw and dirty. It is unlathed and it absolutely 'sizzles' when played.
Absolutely beautiful! Sold as 'nearly new' Price£160
Again £100 saving on the 'new' price

1 x 21" JoJo Mayer 'fierce' ride. 2months old, NEVER GIGGED, NEVER RECORDED, NEVER EVEN USED.
Again an unlathed cymbal, completely un-marked. Sold as 'Mint' Price £180
Another saving of over £100

1 x 22 HHX Groove ride. 6months old, Brilliant finish. This is the ride i gigged 6 times with and recorded with so it's had SOME use but not much. I've just cleaned it and there's not a mark or scratch on it. It's shiny as new but the logo's have lightened somewhat.
Another beautiful cymbal. Perfect all rounder. No scratches, no stick marks, no corrosion.
Price £150 New £280

1 x 17" HHX Legacy Crash, Traditional finish, The DAVE WECKL crash. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL sounding. I HAVE gigged this cymbal 6 times and recorded with it. But it didn't take hardly any hits and it's cleaned up to NEW CONDITION with all the logo's intact!! No stick marks, no scratches, no corrosion!! MINT!!! Price £120

1 x 18" AA el sabor crash. This is my oldest cymbal. 18 months old. Used well at gigs and recorded with, some minute wear marks, no stick marks, cleaned up lovely, some wear of the logo's but otherwise CLEAN and SHINY. Price £90 ono.

1 x 13" HHX Manhattan Jazz Hats. Sabians answer to the constantinoples. Traditional finish. NEVER GIGGED, RECORDED ONLY. BEAUTIFUL HATS!!! Sound AMAZING recorded. Shame to see 'em go.
I have cleaned the top hat to remove stick marks but the matt lustre of these cymbals has remained. I have my own way of cleaning cymbals. No products, no abrasives. They're still that nice matt finish. NO STICK MARKS, NO SCRATCHES. Sold as Used but nearly new. Well they look just like a pair you'd buy new anyway...!
Price £130
New these are £230

1 x 20" Super Zyn Medium Ride. A lovely cymbal again. Very Very musical and versatile. Gigged recorded and rehearsed with but shines like new since i cleaned it and the logo's REMAIN!!! NO SCRATCHES, NO STICKS MARKS.
Price £70 New it was £130.

Everything i have told you is correct. I spent a LOT of money on these cymbals, Most of which are just 6months old with hardly any use and could still be sold as NEW.
I'm sad to see them go but the offer of endorsement means i have no use for them anymore.

I'm trying here as a first port of call and natrally if there's no interest i shall be e-baying them but i'd rather be doing without the hassle to be honest as i don't use ebay that often (1nce every 2 years MAX!!)

Anyone interested can email me at [email protected] or can call me during the day to discuss...07807-069980.

I will deliver these cymbals to anywhere in the uk with a flat delivery fee of £40. £20 if within a 70 mile radius of northampton.

Happy thoughts guys.

vick firth 5bn, i like the feel of the stick, i seem to wear these out before they break, no varnish to leave marks on my cymbals, and have only lost a few tips in 10 years

i love my vic firth american classic 7AN hickory.....but i have always loved the look of pro mark's...
does anyone know of a promark stick thats like this vic firth????

I have been playing the VF Akira Jimbo Sticks and I really like them. Second would be the 85A's

Vic Firth Tomas Haake signature are my new favourite. I find their balance and feel somewhat similar to Danny Carey sigs, but they are more durable. Nice and beefy in grip and rimshot area, but with a long taper and a good feeling rebound.

Pro-Quality 5B, maple sticks with nylon tips. Very light, easy to handle, roll, for fills.

Still...

the Promark 747 Neil Peart signature Japan Oaks.

Surprise! ;-)

Back