My favorite sticks

5B or Virgil Donati signature; 5B size with short tap and little bit longer, for match or trad grip

09112008005.jpg

very rare to get signature stick in Jakarta, most available from Ahead, like Joey Jordison, Spug and drummer Montley Crue ??? with 17" stick...

I'll take Pro-Mark Carter Beuford's for the block.

Great feel, awesome bead, and versatile as hell.

Vic Firth americ classic 8D <<<<<< amazing

The vic firth american sound AS5A has become my new favorite stick. I played with a set the other day and they felt great in every department. I like the tips. Nothing special, but they just work for me.

Pro mark 7a (japenese oak) or Elvin Jones signature (basically a longer, slightly heavier 7a) are my 'general' sticks

anything light Ill use regal Jeff Hamilton signature (really thin and light but the wood is really dense...its perfect)

Joe Morello sig is perfect for uptempo/loud jazz- amazing rebound

vater 5a's for rock

vic firth Ted Atkaz for orchestral/concert, or just a regular 2b

regal retractable brushes and pro mark hot rods

I myself am a Vic Firth man, but I occasionally use Vater. I think that every stick company has something good to offer, and that in the end it is just about the feel. I know my brother is a Pro-Mark lunatic and argues with me constantly about why Pro-Marks are the best. Whatever feels good to you is all you need to know. With that said, my favorite stick models are...

Vic Firth Hickory American Classic 5A- My favorite stick. Versatile and comfortable!

Vic Firth Hickory American Classic 5B- Next to the 5As, these are my favorites.

Vic Firth Hickory American Classic 2B- Good for rudiments and slower rock.

Vic Firth Hickory American Classic 55A- Between a 5A and 5B, so naturally I love it!

Vic Firth Peter Erskine Original- Makes my ride sound even better. Amazing for Jazz.

Vater Hickory Los Angeles 5A- All around good and Vaters last forever.

Vater Hickory 5B- Just as good as the Los Angeles 5A

Vater Stewart Copeland Standard- This is my all time favorite signature stick!

Well, I hope this helps. Try all of these sticks out sometime and I'm sure you will love them!

-Connor

Vic Firth 5B American classic.

Black Jacks 5A Chinese classic.

it's all about the vic firth American classic 3A!!!
and if I need something smaller then vater Stewart Copeland model

Re: Sivler Fox sticks

I'm gonna step out of the box a little on this one. Within the last 6 months I've been introduced to Silver Fox drums sticks and they are great! Here's the specs on the model I use

MODEL LENGTH BUTT NECK BEAD TAPER
SF-SD-1 17" .635 . 273 Acorn Long

Luckily one of my local drum stores had these sticks available and they were recommended by one of the drum guys, according to the silver fox website they're the only store in my state that is a dealer, (thank god for non-Guitar Center stores) anyway I use a bigger longer stick but I use the maple version which keeps it fairly light and they have some sort of coating over the stick that keeps it from "chipping" as much. Now they do break like a normal stick but the coating does seem to help them last a little longer. Before finding these stick I used Vic Firth then switched to Vater which I liked a lot. As long as I can readily get these sticks or order them, I'll keep with these! I know most people would probably have to order them so I'm not sure how they're costumer service is hey it's worth a one time try!

Re: Sivler Fox sticks

I'm gonna step out of the box a little on this one. Within the last 6 months I've been introduced to Silver Fox drums sticks and they are great! Here's the specs on the model I use

MODEL LENGTH BUTT NECK BEAD TAPER
SF-SD-1 17" .635 . 273 Acorn Long

I use the SilverFox LR sticks. They are very nice sticks!

Anybody used Regal Tip on here?
Ive heard that they're good, but never used them.

I picked up 2 pairs of Regal Tip 5A's after not having used them for years, and I really like their weight and balance. They're the same thickness as my other favorite stick, the Vic Firth 55A. My hands get really dry in the winter (to the point where the skin on my knuckles will crack and bleed), and I've been reaching for the Regals more because of the grippy lacquer they use. They're straight, pitch-paired, well balanced and durable, a very under-rated stick IMO.

I picked up 2 pairs of Regal Tip 5A's after not having used them for years, and I really like their weight and balance. They're the same thickness as my other favorite stick, the Vic Firth 55A. My hands get really dry in the winter (to the point where the skin on my knuckles will crack and bleed), and I've been reaching for the Regals more because of the grippy lacquer they use. They're straight, pitch-paired, well balanced and durable, a very under-rated stick IMO.
I kinda havent used regal tip drumstick but im with vic firth at the moment but wat i fround out with other drumsticks is that some are weaker then others techacally its not a big deal but if ur mad bout drumstcks use vicfirth for they are america's top seller im only arrrgeeing with the other guy

Ps if u want my stick size it x5B

I kinda havent used regal tip drumstick but im with vic firth at the moment but wat i fround out with other drumsticks is that some are weaker then others techacally its not a big deal but if ur mad bout drumstcks use vicfirth for they are america's top seller im only arrrgeeing with the other guy

Ps if u want my stick size it x5B
Regal Tips aren't as popular as Vic/ Vater/ Promark, but they're every bit as well made. With their exclusive lacquer finish, they offer something different; you're not going to find another stick that feels like the Regals (there used to be a brand called Capella which had a similar finish to the Regals, but I think they're out of business). Some like the finish, others don't. As far as some sticks being weaker than others, EVERY brand is going to have some bad sticks out there. Wood is a natural material, with a lot of variation. Picking out a strong pair of sticks is about looking at the grain and listening to the pitch of the sticks, NOT just what brand they are. I think every brand makes good sticks, but its up to you to inspect and select a solid pair, instead of just grabbing a pair out of the bin and heading for the register. I've also used the Vic X5B in the past, great stick, a little too big for me these days.

Vic Virth 5A american hickory wood tip. Best sticks I have played with.

Is anyone using or have used those 3 drumsticks from dw.

Back