What type of angle do you like your footboard to be

konaboy

Pioneer Member
So playing tonight my pedal board on my yamaha flying dragon direct drive just felt too flat to the ground for some reason so I started playing around with the pedal board height. Think I found and angle I like, just going to have to play on it some more.

got me thinking wonder how others prefer the angle of their pedal board, low, high, medium.

Just something for discussion that I thought might be interesting.

The new height for me is between med and high I guess you could say.

Medium-ish, maybe a bit lower is what I use. That's how the pedal came. In my experience changing footboard height doesnt make that big of a difference.

On my dw2002 double pedal I've lowered the pedal angle and am quite happy with the results. Initially I did this to get better along with flatfoot style (which I'm still working on) but that lower pedal angle just feels better to me overall.

When I first played on iron cobras for a long time I really liked a higher angle, but then I got my speed cobras and now i play with the footboards as low as possible, maybe its the difference in pedals? Haven't had time to try the lower setting on the cobras, but as of now prefer lower

Back