REPLACEING DRUM HEADS BUT NOT BATTER HEADS

J

Joedrumma

im replacing my resonant heads but not my batter heads. Right now i have the peral heads it came with but im replacing it with remo ebony pinstripe. It will still make a difference right? is i replace the batter heads what does it do to the sound?

You are replacing your stock resonant heads with Pinstripes? Well, you'll notice a loss of resonance and a very boxy, short sound; Pinstripes are batter heads, they don't sound good as resonant heads.
If you use Ambassadors instead, you'll notice a much fuller and more resonant sound compared to the stock Pearl heads.

You are replacing your stock resonant heads with Pinstripes? Well, you'll notice a loss of resonance and a very boxy, short sound; Pinstripes are batter heads, they don't sound good as resonant heads.

This is entirely not true. See my post in this thread: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57069

Whether or not it's a tone he likes is entirely subjective, but the sustain is lengthy. Witnessed live with my own ears/eyes. Personally I prefer Amb/Amb or G1/G1.

Last edited:
So why did you choose and ebony pinstripe for your reso? Not a common head to use and other heads like the ambassador are available in ebony finish.

Changing the batter head will affect the initial attack sound of the drum as well as feel. Old worn out heads feel and sound dead compared to new.

BTW no need to use all caps on your titles ;-)

Back