Evans G2 question.

Jsk36

If I buy Evans G2 coated heads as my batter...what would be a good resonant?

G1 coated
G1clear
G2coated
G2clear?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

G1 clear

It will offer better sustain than a 2-ply head on the reso. side.

In most cases this is the best option, however, it varies depending on what kit you have and what sound you're trying to achieve.

This is where you come in, what do you have?

G1 clear

It will offer better sustain than a 2-ply head on the reso. side.

I thought I read/heard somewhere that a heavier resonant head will give you more sustain than a lighter one due to the increased mass that is vibrating. I have no personal experience testing this though. It might have been Bob Gatzen?

The link to the Gatzen video is here

95% of players use a clear 10mil single-ply head for resos. This type of reso sounds good with all kinds of batters.

Some guys use coated 10mil single-ply resos, for a slightly deader, warmer sound. (Bonham was one.)

There may be some out there, but very, very few drummers use 2-ply resos.

Although they are thicker, 2-ply heads tend to sustain less than 1-ply heads. Ever compare 1-ply vs. 2-ply batters? The thicker-sustains-more deal relates to heads with the same number of plies.

In most cases this is the best option, however, it varies depending on what kit you have and what sound you're trying to achieve.

This is where you come in, what do you have?

Mine is the basically the same set as the one on the bottom left corner but has the orange color. I'm saving up for a better one.

Attachments

• 107-RM.jpg
    107-RM.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 261
Anybody remember a thread a long time ago about using 2 ply resos on floor toms? I've searched for it before but never found it again. The gist was that somebody asked Evans about 2 ply resos and they said that on big floor toms (with more resonance than smaller drums) they suggested trying G2s on top and bottom to give it a little more controlled boom and better bottom end. I want to try it sometime.

Hey Hauk i recognize the quote in your signature from futurama...nice...lol oh and dude go with G2 clears over G1's seriously amazing combination...but dude another thread on heads? again bump your old threads dont start new ones

Back