Travis Barker

Travis is just another fast drummer-sure. I like him because not only is he humble, but he is so good at incorporating different genres of music into a rock perpesctive that it inspires me.

That's just my opinion, of course.

I'm not really into Blink 182, but I feel as if I have to defend Travis. I have heard way too many people slate him.

Many people in his situation (i.e. playing in a popular mainstream band whose fans are probably about 12-18 years old) could do so much less on the kit and they would still be successful. He is playing some well learnt chops and busting out solos at gigs, which not many other pop chart acts do. I also think that he is making a lot of young drummers (who may not really be exposed to 'good' drumming) learn more about drums, as you need to know some chops to play his stuff.

The rudiments he is doing on his page on this site are pretty good. Sure, he is fast, BUT he is precise too. I think he is a good drummer. He is no Vinnie Colaiuta, Dennis Chambers etc etc, but he is still good.

Respect is due I think.

Re: Travis Barker's wrist wraps?

ive heard of drummers using wrist straps to apply tension if their wrist are hurting when they play, that could be what hes doing.

wristwrap that you talk about mcgee seems to be the one for tendonitis[spellcheck, i really dont know how to write it]. There is the same wrap for leg too. Drums6040, maybe he wears his own brand of wristband??(i know he has a clothing line)

Capitaine Quebec said:
wristwrap that you talk about mcgee seems to be the one for tendonitis[spellcheck, i really dont know how to write it]. There is the same wrap for leg too. Drums6040, maybe he wears his own brand of wristband??(i know he has a clothing line)

yea i know, i think he might have that, i have their urithra (sp) cronicles II and it said something about he has troubles with his wrist some times (tendonitis) and keeping that tension can reduce it.

and yea he does have FSAS wrist bands that he makes, but that cant be what this guy is talkin about that is too obvious. ive also seen blink's bass player Mark Hoppus, wear the wrist straps maybe for tendonitis aswell...

Re: travis barker playing country

while it was cool seeing him play with the country guys - and especially in a tribute to buck owens - i'm not sure if 2 and 4 rimshots was his best example of musical diversity.

that being said...he is a terriffic drummer - find the youtube stuff with him doing marching snare drum tricks in the studio...great chops.

lol, no offense, but i can't get over him with the mohawk, 'keepin it real'
the drumming was perfect for the music though.

I don't think the theatrics fit very well, but what could we expect? Very basic stuff as opposed to "diverse".

Thats Not Normal !! OMG !!!! Weird.... wtf

hahahah all those weird mexicans with travis ?? WTH

Jookbox said:
lol, no offense, but i can't get over him with the mohawk, 'keepin it real'
the drumming was perfect for the music though.
Everything about him in that video seems out of place other than the drumming which is nothing special. Bet the other guys were like "Glad we don't have to make eye contact!" ;)

Wow, he like totally fit in with his surroundings...not really, I like the semi-head banging...kinda stuck out like a sore thumb

Re: Travis Barker playing country

This is so wierd, normally country drummer are so relaxed and hes back there headbanging. Kind of funny

Holly misfit batman.(and the one and only, famous 20 characters)

Man that guy gets into it! even in the slow part when hes just doing a beat between the hi-hat and snare he's rockin out!

Back