Arcade Fire

synergy

I wasnt sure where to put this- but I think its nice to be put in your place in the cosmos every now and then.

I have been a fan of this band for a while and I have just watched a live performance from them and I was left in awe. Not only are they fantastic musicians but so many of the band switch and change so many instruments. There are 2 females in the band- one plays violin most of the time and then will jump on a keyboard etc- the guitarist will play that as well as a glockenspiel and the most impressive is Régine Chassagne.

On stage she plays the accordion, drums, xylophone, hurdy-gurdy, keyboards and organ.

Most inpressive for me was watching her sit down at the drums after a few songs and she played open handed. Now that in itself not a mind-blowing thing but with everything else she played and how well she did it- to then play the drums but do it open handed and not regular- just blew me away.

I think to myself trying to improve my drumming and learning the guitar- Its just nice to watch truly gifted musician's

Thing about them that stands out the most for me is the bass player. Love the way he plays.

Yeah I'm pretty sure all of them can do mutiple things- It was just humbling to watch someone- not only perform in front of a very large crowd- but play mutiple instruments and play them all like they were their main instrument!

Back