SP hi-hat stand

F

freestylin599

ok so i got a sound percussion hi-hat stand free with my tama drumset.(it was a used set dealt with the guy). ok but like in my drum lessons i use a pearl eliminator. My friend uses a peace drum set one and my other friend has a gibralter one he paid like 60 for. Out of all of them....the sound percussion is the best one. i have used it for like a month now and the way i have it set up is amazing it opens and closes perfectly i can get it to go washy no problem and loose hits are a breeze. i dont know what it is but i feel so weird for having this cheap hi-hat stand and loving it, has anyone ever expierienced this?

My extra kit is an SP, and man, it's perfect for bebop. There's no reason to diss cheap gear out of hand, cause sometimes you do find awesome stuff at the low end of the price spectrum.

I hear ya, I've got a bottom of the line Pearl stand on my practice kit, single braced, no spring adjustment, non-rotating legs - really basic, but it does the trick!

I feel as though we sometimes get overwhelmed with options and gadgets and forget that even the less expensive, non-fancy stuff can serve its ultimate purpose (in this case opening and closing cymbals mounted over top another) just as well as the more expensive stuff.

It's not a bad stand at all. I have it sitting in my room right now in fact :) And I probably would'be kept using it if I hadn't found a good deal on eBay for a Pearl Eliminator.

Back