Gibraltar Catapult Linear Motion Bass Pedal?

Usually, if something has been out for several years, yet no shop carries it, is a good indicator of how well it works. I have a semi-collection of odd pedals, just for the sake of, and I still can't justify spending the money on this one, yet. I didn't care for it the few times I've played one. I'll stick to my Yamaha FDDD. Or my Off-Sets.

I wasn't a huge fan, but I didn't spend a lot of time with it (because I wasn't too crazy about it). What I like about an eccentric or circular cam is that it feels like you've got a ton of momentum built up right before the strike -- you can snap the beater into the head almost. The Gibraltar pedal had none of that feel. I thought it felt very slow and seemed to lose steam at the end of its throw vs picking up speed.

It really didn't do anything for me... a nice try to reinvent the pedal but I think there are many pedals out there that are vastly better.

i tried one at a store a while back and thought it was very interesting. the down was very smooth and easy to get power but the up seemed much too slow. i would not get it...

i tried one at a store a while back and thought it was very interesting. the down was very smooth and easy to get power but the up seemed much too slow. i would not get it...

Those are my thoughts exactly. Its a really interesting pedal though.

Um....put simply...it's crap.

I agree. This this thing is junk.

And it's a shame because the hardware that Gibraltar makes is really top notch, super road worthy gear.

The 9600 Brake tilter gear--all of it, the hat stand, snare stand, arms, clamps, etc.... is great stuff, & the Liquid Drive hi hat stand is awesome.

Gibraltar hardware is as good as ANYTHING out there, so it's kind of a bummer that this pedal sucks.
Their other pedals are fine, not as many bells and whistles, but they work fine.

I guess you have to give them credit for trying something new, though. There's probably somebody out there who owns it and swears by it. That's why it's nice to have as many different options as possible.

Back