A proportioned size of pedal for a smaller (or 16") bass drum.

Shaun13

Hi guys! I was wondering if there's any pedal out there that is size proportioned for a smaller (or technically 16") bass drum that would opt you out of using a riser but still hitting the centre of the head. I thought of this just because I don't want to sacrifice that "small look" of the bass drum when you install a riser as it will add height, I really want its tiny look to stand out (flat on the floor) and do you guys think with a smaller rod for the beater (or cutting the beater's rod), will it affect its swing and feel?? THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE! Just so you know, I dont have a drum kit yet, I'm planning to buy a Gretsch Street kit 2013, that 16" bass drum one.

Last edited:
Re: A proportioned size of pedal for a 18" bass drum.

Tama made a pedal for a while that came with their StageStar kits that was made for a child to play an 18" bass drum without a riser. I have never seen one up close so I can't comment on how good it is. I own one of these kits,I bought it used as a Jazz kit and It didn't come with the original hardware.
Sorry :) What you are asking for does exist though.

Tama made a pedal for a while that came with their StageStar kits that was made for a child to play an 18" bass drum without a riser. I have never seen one up close so I can't comment on how good it is. I own one of these kits,I bought it used as a Jazz kit and It didn't come with the original hardware. Sorry :)

Thanks! I think if I cut the beater's rod down to the size that it could hit the head's centre, it will be really tiny and it might affect the feel of the pedal??? I'll try it with a cheap beater when I get my kit.

I saw this one and its the Tama StageStar on a 18" and I thought that the pedal still wouldn't hit a 16" bass drum in the centre.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=221031&stc=1&d=1148175574

But then I saw this riser, which is adjustable in height. So I might just use the TamaStageStar pedal with this riser which means it would still give maybe a little height but not that of a standard pedal set on hitting the centre. :)

Attachments

• Stagestar.jpg
    Stagestar.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,295
Last edited by a moderator:
Back